We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang - Excellent

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Topic
Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

We have recently been to Xi’an and took the services of Michael Yang, based on reviews given in TA.

It was a very good decision. Michael had organised to pick us up in the airport with an alternate driver and spoke to us over phone, once we met the driver at the airport. We reached the hotel without any problem.

Next day, he was prompt waiting at the hotel lobby to start the one day tour. He was thoughtful to have brought good amount of water bottles to help us manage during the day.

We went to Terracotta Warriors and Michael had lots of information to share with us, making the trip a memorable one. He was informative and helped us spend good amount of time in the various pits of the Terracotta Warriors and we enjoyed the information that he shared. We then proceeded to visit the Wild Goose pagoda and then the City Wall. Finally, he helped us by coming over to the railway station, picking up the tickets to our train to Beijing and was with us in the station till the train was about to leave. Overall, a very pleasant experience for us in Xi’an with Michael Yang’s driving skills and helpful nature. Would recommend him to others who are visiting Xi’an / looking for a good guide, with reasonable price.

Springfield...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

I agree completely with this post. It sounds EXACTLY like the experience I had with Michael Yang and his drivers in mid-June. Michael is very professional and his prices are MUCH better than other tour companies I have dealt with in China. I travel there occasionally and also help University faculty and students with their travel plans, and I will now recommend Michael to anyone who expresses an interest in visiting Xi'An.

Michael made sure the students with me showed their student ID so they could get half-price tickets to all the attractions we visited, which was very appreciated by all of us. After hearing one of the students was fond of panda bears he squeezed in a side-trip so we could see a few of them at the Xi'An Expo Park. We were thrilled, to say the least.

I have to say, I wasn't sure I'd like the city, but I LOVED it. There was so much to do (we had only a weekend and it wasn't enough time), and we stayed at the Citadines Central, which was a perfect location. Eat and shop at the Muslim Quarter, and ride bikes around the city wall early in the morning. stop frequently and look over the side to see all kinds of interesting activities (from farmer's market to morning exercises to a drivers education course!). What a fun time.

And contact Michael to help you see it all. You'll be glad you did.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

I am new to Trip Advisor and still finding my way around the site. Can you tell me how I find contact details for Michael Yang. His tours sound great.

3. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, August 10, 2013
4. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, August 10, 2013
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

Hello ... have to agree with all the positive posts on TA about Michael. Was in Xian for a couple of days in August and had Michael as our guide. He was really great ... had a lot of knowledgeable and interesting facts and stories on the places he took us to, and he was extremely accommodating and took the time to take us around and explain the fascinating and delicious street food on offer in the muslim area which we appreciated very much when we went there for dinner later that evening. He was thoughtful to have bottles of water and cool drinks and cool wet towels after visiting some of the sites ( it was really hot when we were there) ... it was an added an unexpected 'extra' that we really appreciated.

Also, his driving is excellent and we had no worries as he negotiated some crazy Xian traffic. So yes, I would definitely recommend Michael as a most excellent Xian guide (and thank you Michael, you made our two days in Xian very enjoyable).

Edited: 9:48 am, September 03, 2013
Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

i also used michael in july to go to the expo park and the warriers... excellent service, good email reply times, he rang the hotel to make sure i was still ready for the trip the next day, provided water which came in handy, very informative, good price and took me for a lunch at a local eating place which he said was a small bowl but there was no way i could finish it... i would recommend him and if i was to return i would use his service

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

I also agree with all the good reviews about Michael. I just used his services this last weekend and had a wonderful time in Xi'an.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

My son and I used Michael as our guide to the Terracotta Warriors in August 2013. Everything about his service was excellent, including his knowledge of the subject, his patience as we photographed everything, his driving and even ice-cold cans of soda for the journey there and back. Highly recommended and hope maybe to return to Xi'an one day and meet him again.

Florida Keys
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

ABSOLUTELY agree with you. Finally, Chinese history brought to life by Michael Yang ! He had answered many questions on the forum and had been recommended by others. Xie, Xie !! Michael, in his brand new fancy car, treated us to 3 days that won't be forgotten. He even lead us (a back way ;-) into the airport to see us off and was available by cell phone when our flight got screwed up. He would probably try to help us anywhere in China or the world, if we would call him. It's your private tour and Michael will gauge the entire experience to your interests, energy level, budget and requests. (Unfortunately we were too tired to walk the city wall, and too chilly - next time) I recommend him to everyone. hǎojíle !! (excellent)

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
76 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xi'an tour guide Michael Yang – Excellent

We also found out about Michael via TA - the best decision we ever made was to engage him as our guide. He is very knowledgeable, pleasant, speaks excellent English, always on time and has refreshments in his trunk! He, and his driver, are both excellent drivers.

Michael brings history to life and is more than willing to assist where and when he can - he actually goes above and beyond what a tour guide usually offers. He is very reasonably priced and is very happy to tailor a tour to your requirements AND he goes at your pace.

He can be contacted via email at michaelylw@hotmail.com or michaelylw@sina.com