We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xi'an to Chengdu

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Xi'an to Chengdu

I need to travel from Xi'an to Chengdu (then fly to JHZ). Can anyone recommend the best route and if there is any place worth stopping at on the way. I have 4 days (3 nights) free to make the journey. I'd be greatful for any suggestions.

xi an
Level Contributor
330 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Xi'an to Chengdu

it is better go there by plane .only about one hour flying time .also you can go there by train . it is hard to get a train ticket during chinese new year .but it will be easy after spring festival <9th feb to24th feb >you can try different food in there .also youcan go to panda refuge .

hope this can help you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Xi'an to Chengdu

I will be travelling in May. I am not too interested in spending much time in Chengdu its self.

I think I may take to the overnight train down to Chongqin and explore around there for a couple of days, then take the fast train to Chengdu, which is only 2 hours.

I may still get a chance to see the Pandas on the day I arrive!

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Xi'an to Chengdu

If you are arriving at Xian in the early morning by train, you can take the coach bus at the east of Xian Railway Station to visit Terracotta Army Huaqing Pool. It will take you about 40 minutes and you can return to Xian the same day. On the second day, you can visit other famous attractions. Shaanxi Historical Museum are free to visit and close to Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Many sites in the vicinity of Big Wild Goose Pagoda are free such as music fountain. After visiting these two attractions, you can visit Drum and Bell towers and ride bike on Xian City Wall and then you can take flights or nignt train (at about 20 o'clock) to Chengdu.

In Chengdu, the most visited attraction, of course, is Giant Panda Base. Besides it, you can visit Kuanzhai Lane, Jinli Ancient Street, Wuhou Temple and Green Ram Temple in Chengdu City in the first day. And in second day, you can consider Jiuzhaigou Valley. Because of shortage of time, you may not visit the whole region of Jiuzhaigou Valley and you can take the cable car which can save your time. After visiting Jiuzhaigou, you can take flights at Jiuzhai Huanglong Airport. But before starting your journey, you should carefully all information about transportation and hotels and book them beforehand.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Xi'an to Chengdu

Thank you for your response.

I will only be in Chengdu over night, arriving at about 2.00pm. Then flying to JZH in the morning.

I will actually be doing a 3 day trek through Jiushaigou Nature Park which will be the highlight of my trip!

As I have 4 days free between Xi'an and Chengdu, I think i will take the over night train down to Chongqin to explore.

Do you have any recommendations for Chongqin?

5. Re: Xi'an to Chengdu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 25, 2014