We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian and Beijing - Want to see scenery

Minnesota
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Xian and Beijing - Want to see scenery

We will be traveling to Xi-an and Beiing areas for a work trip/vacation. I would love to get to the Yangtze river area, three Gorges or other unique scenery area but not sure that we will be able to work it logistically with time and transportation.

So, my question: are there some unique scenery areas not to miss near Beijing or Xian that we cane hit for a day trip - other than the obvious Great Wall or Terracotta soldiers?

We want to do some cultural and historic places in the cities but would love to see more non-city areas if we can

Thanks,

AJ

London, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Xian and Beijing - Want to see scenery

I once climbed Mount Hua. It took me about 2 hours to take train there. My friends and I started at 18:00 and got to Hua Mountain about 8:00. When got the train station in Hua County, we took a minibus to the foot of the mountain. There are restaurants and small supermarket there. We had supper and bought several bottle of water and began to climb at 23:00. Our purpose was to see the sunrise. We climbed about 7 hours and arrived at the East Peak, the best place to watch the sunrise, at 6 o'clock on the following day. Because I have been there, I will give you some suggestions:

1. If you travel alone and don't join a tour package, you'd better climb the mountain with your friends

2. Don't buy bagged snacks; just take more bottles of water. When you climb, what you need best is not food but water.

3. Take a thick coat. The top of mountain is very cold. If you don't care, you can rent a cotton coat on the top of mountain and about 10RMB two years ago. But I think the coat is little dirty so I chose to take one myself.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Xian and Beijing - Want to see scenery

Beijing: Forbidden city, walking in the Hutong

13. Re: Xian and Beijing - Want to see scenery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 11, 2013