We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

South Wales, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

I'll be in Xi'an in October for 3 days with my hubby and we're thinking of booking the new Han Tang (Cafe) Hostel, sister hostel to the Han Tang Inn. But we're in our 50s-will we be the only 'oldies'? Don't want to book into a very young 'party' hostel by mistake. Can anyone help with an opinion?

new york
Level Contributor
435 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

Hi Gilco

If you're planning mid-October, I can at least guarantee that you won't be the only "oldie"....I'll be there then, also for 3 days!

BTW--I've checked countless reviews and contacted both the Han Tang Inn and Han Tang Youth Hostel down the street via email and both appeal to all ages, couples and solo travelers.

South Wales, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

That's great! Thanks for your reply a1dmpro. See you there!

Xi'an
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

October is the peak season for the tourism in Xi'an, there will be so many tourists in Xi'an and in your hostel, so I'm sure you'll not be the only "oldies",don' worry!

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

Hello:

If you still are worry about that, you may try the ibis hotel in xi'an which is member of Accor family, with clean room, perfect location and budget rate.

hope this can help you

xianhistorytourgudide

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

We just came back from Beijing-Datong-Pingyao-Xian-Beijing (2weeks) and stayed at Han Tang Hostel and we are in our early 50s with 2 teenagers. They provide free pick up at train station and their location is good where on the right side down the lane, you can find lots of local snacks/ breakfast and walk further at T-junction turn left, you can find shops selling local noodles, dumpling and even beef and lamb noodle soup for lunch. Bus station located on the left side of the hostel. Hope it helps.

South Wales, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

Many Thanks for all replies.

I've now booked the Han Tang Hostel & looking forward to escaping to China in October. We're doing Beijing-Xi'an-Guilin-Yangshuo-HongKong and Dubai (to rest in the sun!) over 3 weeks. Can't wait!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

What should the weather be like there in May?

South Wales, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

Hi Ellen,

Just wanted you to know we're thinking of you. Don't know how much you're affected by recent events in New York but wanted to send you our best wishes anyway.

Gill & Rob x

new york
Level Contributor
435 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

Hi Gill/Rob

Thanks for your post...I sent you a private message -- I'm safe after having temporarily (hopefully) relocated, but my area was devastated by Hurricane Sandy.

Ellen

10. Re: new Han Tang Hostel Xi'an?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, December 14, 2013