We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foot massage in Xian

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
34 reviews
Foot massage in Xian

On the Travel Channel in the US it is China Week. Last night the show did a feature on Xian. I am going to China next month and want to get a foot massage at the same place the host Samantha Brown went to. It was called Sang Ye Tang. (forgive my spelling) That is what it sounded like to my ears. Cab someone give me the address of the place. If you can't find the place I mentioned how about suggesting another place to get a foot massage that includes a body massage and tea ceremony for a reasonable price. I'd really appreciate any advice. I rely on this forum when traveling. Thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
402 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Foot massage in Xian

Hi - I saw the same program and am also interested in a foot massage like the one samantha Brown showed on the program.

Any info anyone?

Colorado
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Foot massage in Xian

I can't help you there, but try contacting the Travel Channel and asking for the chinese name and address. We were on an organized tour, and all hotels we stayed at had massage available. I didn't try it at all hotels, but at one in Guilin, they had a spa downstairs and a bunch of us got foot massages one night. It's much more than a foot massage, since they did our legs and even shoulders. We didn't have a tea ceremony, but they served us drinks during the massages. So, if you can't easily get to a massage place, see what your hotel has to offer. It's so cheap, it's worth getting your feet done every other night or so, to help them recover from all the walking you will do.

Xi;an, China
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Foot massage in Xian

xi'an has many places do to the foot massage

if possible, could you tell me the adress or the call

of nan yang ta?which is fresh to me

and normally, we go to many hotels ,such as Xi'an hotel or other good hotel to do the foot massage

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,363 posts
1 review
4. Re: Foot massage in Xian

The correct name of the place is actually San Ye Tang which could be translated as Three Leaf Hall. The full name in Chinese is 西安三叶堂足浴休闲会馆.

It seems that they might have a number of locations, but this one near Zhuquemen (one of the south city gates) was what I found: 朱雀门里五味什字向北50米8号楼

Xi;an, China
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Foot massage in Xian

Dear Ellyse

thank you for the infromaiton !

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,363 posts
1 review
6. Re: Foot massage in Xian

Well, a simple Google in pinyin and then Chinese characters did the job...

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Foot massage in Xian

I just returned from China and I went to the same place that Samantha Brown went for a foot massage and I have to tell you it was not what I saw on TV. It was not a good massage at all. The people don't speak English and don't understand when you tell them to go lighter. It was not enjoyable. This is something you can skip.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
402 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Foot massage in Xian

How disappointing - I was looking forward to a foot massage there. Guess I should try another place - any recommendations anyone?

greenville, SC
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Foot massage in Xian

Can anyone tell me how much a massage or pedicure usually runs in US dollars. I will be in Guilin China and in Seoul Korea next week and would love to get pampered! Thanks Bev

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Foot massage in Xian

In Xian I normally pay 30-40RMB (4-6$) for a 90 min foot massage.