We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaosu Shenzhou

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gaosu Shenzhou

We've booked to stay in this hotel but have since heard the area that it's located in could be unsafe at night. Has anyone stayed there and experienced any problems with the location

Xi'an
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gaosu Shenzhou

Why not book a hotel in the city center ?like bell tower hotel or apartment hotel near the bell tower.

How many people are there in your group ?

How much will you pay for a hotel ?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gaosu Shenzhou

thanks cclarence, we didn't have a choice of hotel as it's part of a tour with China Travel Service

Tasmania
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gaosu Shenzhou

Hi there Goldstein, we have just returned from China, our trip was organised by CTS and we stayed at the same hotel in Xian. I have posted a review but i am waiting for it to be processed by tripadvisor.

I really didnt like the location of this hotel, I also felt that it was a (to use an Australian colloquialism )'Mutton dressed up as lamb'. You walk into the front foyer and feel lulled into a sense of well this is alright!!! but when you go into the rooms it is obvious that they spent their money on the front foyer and not the rooms.

I would have preferred to have stayed closer to the city centre, as the previous posts have suggested the Bell Tower perhaps, but that is because of the close proximity to the Muslim Markets etc, we did feel a bit isolated there and didn't really see anywhere we would have wanted to eat close by, it was a reasonable cab fare from the Drum Tower /Muslim quarter tho. The benefits of this hotels area would be the close proximity to the City wall, our room looked over toward its, some nice parks etc in the area.

The bar prices/ and mini bar prices were the most we paid on our trip, there were 2 restaurants to choose from in the hotel.

Your tour will include breakfast and that was fine too....

It may be worth upgrading this part of your trip to 4* if the location is better at their 4 * option.

4. Re: Gaosu Shenzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 09, 2009