We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what the best option is to reach the Shangri-La Hotel in Guilin (or generally the city center) from the Airport? Is it best to catch a taxi there or to pre-book it?

Thanks!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,325 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Taxi is always best. Just go to the taxi line. Follow the signs.

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Don`t need to book in advance,price around 100RMB-120RMB/one way,But it will distinguish at night or during the day

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Thank you!

I have one more question...we will be travelling to Yangshou by one of the boat tours but would like to return to Guilin the same day. What would be the best way to do this? I've read about buses that take you back but couldn't find any detailed information.

USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Yeah, don't worry about that. There's lots of buses from Yangshuo to Guilin, they probably leave every 10 minutes or so. Just get on the bus, pay 20 RMB, and 1.5 hours later you'll be back in Guilin.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
108 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Firstly, Shangri-La is not at the center of Guilin. Airport to Shangri-La costs about CNY100-150 for one way (about 34km). For a cheaper way, take the airport shuttle bus (CNY20 for 40 minutes) and get to Aviation Hotel (民航大厦) and take a taxi to Shangri-La (CNY30 for 20 minutes).

For your second question, I assume you mean the 3-hour Li River Cruise to Yangshuo, right? When you reach Yangshuo, the boat will stop at Yangshuo Pier (阳朔码头), 10 minutes walk to the West Street. You can tour a little bit along the West Street and at the end of the street you will find a bus station (more like a parking lot). Buses from Yangshuo to Guilin take 1 1/2 hours on the way (CNY20/person), latest bus departs at about 7pm.

Have fun in Guilin!

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Okay that makes it sound less difficult...thank you!!

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

Hi there

you can join a day LiRiver cruise tour ,including return transport, English-speaking guide ,Entrance tickets, Chinese buffet lunch included some free drinks,if you want to know more information please Contact me

Edited: 10:27 am, July 29, 2014
8. Re: Taxi from Guilin Airport to Shangri-La Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 31, 2015