We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airfare Guilin to Kunming

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
56 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Best airfare Guilin to Kunming

We will be flying from Guilin to Kunming in April. I have been checking the price each few days with Ctrip but it as remained the same RMB 840 plus taxes of RMB170. I don't know whether to book It now or wait until closer to the time and hope it gets cheaper. Our dates are not flexible as we have booked a hotel in Yangshuo and are meeting up with a tour group in Kunming. As these are smaller airports with less flights than the bigger centres I was wondering whether they ever discounted flights and whether even the above quoted prices might get booked out and we would have to pay even more if we leave it too long..

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Kunming
Kunming
Yunnan, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,031 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airfare Guilin to Kunming

The way to find out is normally to look at dates closer and not at your dates. For example, what are the fares next week and the week after. I say normally because the next two weeks are not normal as it is Chinese new year. But I see fares as low as 370RMB plus taxes on February 8.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
56 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airfare Guilin to Kunming

Thanks Jean-Pierre D. I took your advice and found that there were some much lower airfares but departure times were most inconvenient. I think we will go with China Southern as they depart mid afternoon giving us time to arrive in Kunming before the tour group briefing. China Southern goes down as low as 420RMB at times so I will keep watching for a while yet.

Mentioned in this post
Kunming
Kunming
Yunnan, China
Wollongong...
Level Contributor
56 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airfare Guilin to Kunming

Today the airfare dropped to 590 RMB plus taxes so I decided to go for it. That is about AUS $112 so I won't be too upset if it drops further. Especially as the time of departure is a reasonable hour. Of course taxes, credit card charges etc pushed it up but at least that is one more thing out of the way and I don't having to worry about the flight being booked out.

4. Re: Best airfare Guilin to Kunming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 01, 2015