We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Li River to Yangsho

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Li River to Yangsho

Hi, I will only be in Guilin for 2 nights and am really keen to see the show on the Li River in Yangsho. Do you know if there are any afternoon sailings from Guilin to Yangsho? I want to spend most of my time in Guilin as there is much to see but don't want to miss out on the cruise/show!

Thanks very much!

Mel :o)

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Li River
Li River
658 Reviews
Guangxi, China
Melbourne
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Li River to Yangsho

I don't know if there are any afternoon sailings. Most boats seem to go downstream in the morning and return to Guilin in the afternoon. I don't remember passing any going upstream during the one trip I've made.

Happy to put you in contact with a local who should be able to oragnize an afternoon boat if one is available. Come back to me if you want his details

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
2. Re: Li River to Yangsho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:56 pm, December 12, 2006
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Li River to Yangsho

Briliant, thanks to both of you for your replies.

We aren't travelling until September so will definitely keep your email address Jadeleo66. Thanks for that!

Moresauce, is your contact very expensive?

Thanks again!

:o)

ShenZhen, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Li River to Yangsho

Hello Spolre,

I'm maried with a local of YangShuo so I know quite well the area :) All the boat starts in the morning so there are no cruise in the afternoon. If I can give you an advice, don't stay in Guilin, it's just a concret city now with fake atractions :( You'd better go to Yangshuo directly you'll have much more to see and it'll be cheaper...

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Li River to Yangsho

Thanks!

I have already paid for accommodation in Guilin but am happy to spend the full day in Yangshuo before the show. What can you recommend doing for the day there? I think we be shopped out by then but have read something about bamboo rafting? I will be travelling with my partner and parents so probably nothing that involves too much hard work (i.e. mountain climbing).

Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
ShenZhen, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Li River to Yangsho

Hello Mel,

Bamboo rafting is probably the most relaxing activity you can do :) There are many spots to start and 2 rivers (YuLong and JinBao). The usual trip start from the "Dragon Bridge" on the Yulong River in Baisha, around 15km north from YangShuo. You can go by bike and leave them on th raft.

If you think it's too far you'd better ask a guide (many will jump on you when you arrive to YangShuo), he/she'll manage the transportation for you (electric bike/car) to another rafting area and 'll charge between 50 to 100RMB/pers/day.

If you like a slow boat with umbrella where you can drink tea, try the JinBao (now also called Phoenix River). If you prefer the postcard style valley with a little 2 seats boat and many tourists around you, go to the YuLong River.

Have a nice Trip, Clark ;)

Mentioned in this post
Bamboo Rafting
Bamboo Rafting
410 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Yulong River
Yulong River
1,464 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Li River to Yangsho

Hello, splore, many tourists say guilin is not worth for two days even one day, that means you do not how to make tour in guilin, guilin is one of most beautiful landscape of the world, yangshuo is a part of guilin, it is beautiful area for the natural countryside, guilin is very beautiful even i am actually from yangshuo town, but i still think guilin city is worth for over 2 days visit, west street of yangshuo full of tourists from all over the world, you can not see locals here. and east side of guilin is worth visiting, to crown cave by boat go through it, Gudong waterfall is a touching waterfall, antinet town Daxu, is very interesting for tourists for its typical buildings and beautiful landscape.

for more day in yangshuo, I suggest that you do the bamboo boat for about 2 hours, then visit water cave, it is very interesting for you, if you like to see minority dance and life style, you can visit Totem Park, have lunch at farmer's house or restaurant near moon hill, yangshuo is very relaxed town. i am confident you will enjoy it. you are welcome to guilin.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Li River to Yangsho

Brilliant, thanks to both of you!

I am thinking I will do Yangshuo in the morning and do the bamboo boat (that sound fantastic!!), water cave, totem park (if we have time) and the show at night and catch a bus back to Guilin.

Then the second day (we fly out at 7pmish that night) do the reed flute caves and what else could you recommend doing in one day to see as much as possible in Guilin? We will be staying at Bravo. I hope that hotel is OK hotel...

Thanks again for all your help! It is muchly appreciated...

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Li River to Yangsho

Hello, Splore, Do bamboo boat rafting is very peaceful, relaxed and excited in the morning, you can drink beer while see hundreds of mountains of the river, rice paddies, villages, farmers working in the rice fields, it is perfect even more than you are in big boat with 200 tourists, it is developed for about 5 years. for the day in guilin, you can visit seven star park which the biggest and beautiful park of guilin, elephant hill is symbol of guilin city, and visit Solitery beauty peak to climb up to the top of hill to see the panoramic view of guilin, bravo is nice hotel but i think the price is a little high, you can stay in plaza hotel too. i can give you itinerary for your reference you can contact me directly. thanks

florida & QC
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Li River to Yangsho

Moresauce,

Are you back from your Guilin trip yet? I plan to stay in Yangshou, do I need to go back to Guilin to catch the boat ride?

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China