We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
10 posts
Save Topic
guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

Hello everyone I will be in Guangzhou in September and planning to visit Guilin , Yangshuo but will only have 3 days ? Need some help with the Itinerary for this. Getting from Gungzhou and returning with 4 days and 3 nights is it enough to see or do much? Is it better to add in one more day ? I would have 4 nights for this part of the trip? How should I split the time up ? how much in Guilin? Yangshuo. Really want to see as much as I can in this time frame. Any suggestions on clean budget hotels ? Thanks for you assistance.

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

3 nights is ok to make the trip. Would like to spend as much time as possible in Yangshuo if you are not fan of theparks, caves in the Guilin city. If you like to do Longji terraces, which is goldening in September, adding one more day would be more relaxing.

Not sure about your budget, the Yangshuo magnolia and Guilin Lakeside Inn are popular budget hotels.

Guilin
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Yangshuo County, Longsheng County
Level Contributor
475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

You can head to Yangshuo directly from the airport or train station and stay your nights in Yangshuo. You can visit some sights in Guilin en route to the airport on your last day. Regarding Longji Terraced Fields, 1 night staying in Pingan or Golden Village is good enough.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

for your reference

fly to Guilin from Guangzhou by evening flight,s,stay night in Guilin.the next day visit some sights in Guilin ,then coach to Yangshuo in the afternoon. stay 3nights in Yangshuo.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

Hi,

Just did your exact trip so I hope this helps.

As always with any tour or suggestion it a mater of taste (on what you like to do) so these are naturally my opinions :-)

So you only have 4 days to go from Gungzhou to Gullin and back :-).

If that is true I would just go to Yanshuo - this is a lovely place. you can take a bike and just ride out to the country side. Nearly everyone speaks English and there is a really nice positive vibe in the town.

We did the "Special Light show" evening event (forgotten the exact name - a bit pricey but its a show with a nice view and if you like opening ceremonies you will like this). We also did a cooking class and took bikes up to Dragon Bridge and punted down, then cycled back (this was a great day, got totally stuck in a storm and sheltered in a local ladies house having tea and "some food items"). We also cycled to a traditional village but outside the main town where lots of fans are sold :-).

Gullin - "Not so much" - yes we did 2 days in Gullin and looking back we could have missed it. Did the Reed Caves - this are stalactites and stalactmites all coloured up with light bulbs and look very Disney like !! Large noisy crowds. Its interesting but really not worth it.

We also did the Princes Palace downtown (ok but no English assistance just a few words on signs) and the Elephant rock (terrible).

The bus from Gungzhou to Yanshuo is about 5-6 hours (yes you can fly to Gulin and then bus down (45 mins)) - but I guess that is budget dependent.

The bus station in Gungzhou is about 100 metres west of the main Gungzhou train station - if you come in by metro train use exit F (long walk underground but takes you striaght to the inter state bus terminal).

Don't think about the train - its SLOW :-) The roads are really very good between all the connections you are taking.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

p.s. I think I wrote all my reviews on hotels so you can check those out for places to stay :-) The one in Yangshuo was very good, very clean and cheap BUT don't get the name muddled with a bad hotel in town (there are two places called Bamboo and even the local get them muddled)

Edited: 8:59 am, August 02, 2012
Yangshuo County...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

If you can got 4 days here, I would like to suggest you to stay in Yangshuo for the first 2 nights, and stay in Longji rice terraces for the last night.

Regarding the Bamboo hotel in Yangshuo, actually they have 3 branches in Yangshuo: Bamboo Inn, Bamboo hotel and Bamboo Resort. and The Bamboo Resort is the top one. But all in the downtown without view.

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

We thought Guilin was a very nice city, but I think if you just arrive in the afternoon and have a walk along the river promenade that's all you need there. Yangshuo is lovely and relaxing, we had three days there, but two would suffice (just). I like the suggestion of the rice terraces, but it is a long 3 hour drive (at least) from Yangshuo to the rice terraces. If you have a morning flight out of Guilin, it will not be possible to get back to the airport in time from the rice terraces.

I would try this: Fly into Guilin and drive right out to the rice terraces. Stay the night and see the terraces in the morning (early) before the hordes of tourists arrive. Drive straight down to Yangshou, arriving early afternoon. Spend the afternoon and next two days exploring Yangshuo, then drive back to Guilin airport for a late afternoon or evening flight. This is assuming a four day itinerary. The rices terraces are beautiful, but if you must go only during the day like I did, find out if it is still peak tourist season there. Too many tourists kind of lessened the experience for us. If you can't spend the extra day, go straight to Yangshuo, it's only an hour from Guilin airport.

Bowral, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

We stayed in Yangshuo last october and in the evening we went to the Impressions Liu Sanjie, which is performed in a quiet bay off the river with 600 performers. We thought it was amazing, a wonderful spectacle, and much cheaper than such a performance at home would have been. Don't miss it!

I would also say you should do the boat trip down the Li River from near Guilin to Yangshuo- the scenery is so beautiful.We did also see some people doing a raft trip near Yangshuo on the Yulong River, which looked great also.

Edited: 6:59 pm, August 12, 2012
Penang Island...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

Dear, is it Guilin city is just a city, not for relax and scenery right? Yangshuo is a place for tourist right?

For beautiful scenery and relax?

If want to go to rice terrace, is it longsheng? How far from Yangshuo to longsheng?

Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: guilin? yanshuo? Itinerary

Guilin is a scenic and relaxed city.

From Yangshuo to Longsheng rice terraces is about 3 and half hours, rice terraces is longsheng rice terraces or longji rice terraces.