We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
204 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Earlier in the year, I managed to find a direct flight CZ3031 from Guilin to HKIA by China Southern Airlines on their website and noted it for booking later on.

Now discover that flight has been taken off and they only offer non-direct flights with 4 to 6 hrs stopover in Guangzhou.

Can anyone recommend another airline that will do direct flights from Gulin to HKIA during Nov. It seems that flight schedules in China changes around October time?

Thank you.

Bushey, England
Level Contributor
317 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Hong Kong Airlines. I did the trip last week and it's 1 hour 5 minutes (departing 18:30)

www.hongkongairlines.com/en_HK/homepage

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Dragon Air.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Be relaxed, there will be at least one non-stop flight on this air route. If none seen at moment, just wait til it appears. Be patient.

Denver
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

I ran into the same problem. Orbitz shows the flight from KWL to HKG non-stop in 1 hr 20 mins. Prices obviously vary based on when you're traveling but I saw rates around $330-$400 USD.

If you can't find it, shoot me a message and I'll be happy to help.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
204 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Thank you for all your feedback.

I managed to find the direct flight by HK Airline in November for this route. Departure time of 6:30pm is a bit later than we would like but may still book it if there is no other direct flight on offer in coming weeks.

From Orbitz, it looks like HK Airline is the only one currently offering direct flight for this route. Anyone know how punctual this airline is ie do they have delays often?

Thanks again for your help!

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Hi Oriental Red

Been checking several of your posts and you seem to be knowledgeable about many of the travel options. I have plans for Guilin in Dec from Hong Kong and ran into same issues with flights initially available on China Southern in July and then recently disappearing. I see Hong Kong Airlines and Hong Kong Express with some pretty good fares but am concerned about many posts regarding their last minute cancellations and major delays. Any insight to these airlines and do feel pretty confident China Southern will reinstate their Hong Kong to Guilin non-stop routes soon?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

P.S. first time traveling to Guilin and am very excited to visit. also, will be 24 yrs since last trip to HK.

Peter N

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,022 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Fight only become available 3 months before travel. No hurry. Check Chinese online travel agents websites, not Orbitz like mentinned above. (ctrip.com; elong.net or travelzen.com).

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

@ Peter N

Yes, sadly, China Southern Airline just quitted the route GL-HK in Jun. It may because the little profit. I don't think they will get back this year.

Minus China Southern, all year around there still be HK express/HK airline (can be cheap to 800 RMB net, HK Express and HK airline generally share code as they both are daughter airlines of Hainan airline) and Dragon Air (expensive in generall and may share code with Cathay Pacific). So seems no 3rd choice.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Or consider Guilin-Shenzhen-HK.

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct flight from Guilin to HK in November?

Thank you Oriental Red and Jean-Pierre

Is it your experience also that Hong Kong Express and Hong Kong Airlines have higher incidents of flight delays and last minute cancellations should China Southern not come back into picture as option?

Read that these other airlines are having financial trouble and may fold.

Peter N