We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Yangshou or Xingping

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vietnam
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Yangshou or Xingping

Hi all,

I'm browsing hotels and don't know if staying in Yangshou or Xingping is better ? Please give some advise.

I'd love to see Li River, Yulong river, light show, sunrise and sunset on Li River.

Thanks a lot

Emily

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Yangshou or Xingping

Xingping is all about Li river not Yulong river. Also do you need nightlifes? I think it is Yangshuo.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Yangshou or Xingping

Thanks. How about best time to take photos of carmarant fishing on Li river ? Sunrise or Sunset ? Is it possible to still see them ?

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Yangshou or Xingping

The cormorants usually fish at night and can be viewed at the touristy night fishing show. You can ask your hotel or guide to arrange it.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Yangshou or Xingping

I see those nice photos of Li river and fishing rafts with birds, it looks like about sunrise ? So we can hire them in the early morning too, right ?

Louisville
Level Contributor
4 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Yangshou or Xingping

It depends on the quality of the hotel you want. The Li river and the Yulong Rivers are both in Yangshuo as is the show, Impression Sanjie Liu. Our hotel was located on the Li River. We stayed at the Yangshuo Resort.

6. Re: Staying in Yangshou or Xingping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, June 23, 2013