We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days should I spend in Guilin?

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States
Level Contributor
81 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
How many days should I spend in Guilin?

How many days in Guilin to see all the major attractions without rushing?

3, 4 or 5 days?

I would like to have to spend about 3.5 days, but will put up to 4 to 5 days if necessary. I just dont want to get bore there by day 3 and have to stay 5 days.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,738 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

One day is enough, then head to Yangshuo for 3 days or so.

Klosterneuburg...
Level Contributor
436 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

HI

I depends on your travel speed and what you want to see.

Guilin is Aiport and railway stations, there is little walking district and some hills to see in guilin.

then you do regular a cruise on li river down to yangshuo and stay there 2-3 days. If you like it more quiet you can stay little outside of yangshou or go to xingping. yangshou is very tourstic , and many noisy music bars in west street.

I f you have 2 more days you should go 3 hours north of Guilin by bus to Dazhai - where you find the rice terasses, good for hiking and also rural china mountain farmer. If you want go there you can also contact us about the actual bus schedule info@wisdom-inn.com.

have a good time in guangxi.

Edited: 2:34 pm, December 27, 2011
Guilin, China
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

I agree with Jean pierred,Guilin is a big city,Yangshuo is a small town more interesting place ,you can plan to stay in yangshuo 2 or 3days .

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

3 day / 2 nts is very basic.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

I would go straight from guilin airport to Yangshuo unless you want to visit the rice terraces but it's only worth it just before harvesting, there's nothing to see in Guilin itself.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

I guess OP might mean Guilin-Yangshuo area with the post.

Water Mill, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

We would recommend 2 days in Yangshuo and one day in Ping'an which could be a great overnight stay. One day in Guilin is more than enough. Ping'An is a two hour drive and home to two interesting minority tribes. The Longii Rice fields are housed in Ping'an. We stayed at a hotel at the top of the mountain which had stunning views. We stopped at a great tea house which made their own tea. We sampled some wonderful tea. We used Feng who was a wonderful tour guide and spoke English fluently. She is the daughter of a farming family. We ate a delicious lunch with her family at her home. Her e- mail address is Fengtang2000@yahoo.com. We live in New York and have high expectations of a tour guide. She exceeded our expectations.

CANBERRA
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

Hello, and thanks for your advice.

i've arranged a guide, Amy (Zhu Lianfeng) is this the same guide you had in Yangshuo?

Water Mill, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

No. We used Tang fengqiong. Fengtang2000@yahoo.com

Feng comes from a family of farmers and invited us to lunch at her home in the village. Special experience. We wanted a native and she was very reasonable in her price for the four days. Read my review of her in synotrip.com. Go to Yangshuo tour guides.She just joined this website. Good luck. If you have any questions about the rest of China. feel free to e-mail me.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many days should I spend in Guilin?

Hi there I can tell you what i did which was 2 1/2 days arriving in the afternoon. I did the following.

Afternoon one - reed flute caves. (they are really beautul and easy to reach from guilin town center by the local bus.

evening one - 2 rivers, four lakes boat tour. (absolutely charming)

full day 2 - organized day trip to the terraced rice fields which included a stop in the village to see the long hair combing ceremony - very commercial but I would recommend it. We had to pay a bit extra but they do a whole show so it was worth it.

Evening 2 - cormorant fishing trip down on the river. - not worth doing to be honet.

full day 3 - elephant trunk hill first thing in the morning (which is basically the symbol of Guilin), followed by bamboo river ratfin on the li river which should have included an afternoon in Yangshuo but we side tracked to Shnagri la which was charming but I only ended up with 10 mins in the town center which was a bif regretful.

That was it - I had a fllight in the evening. It was all amazing and I felt I got just about enough out of my 2 1/2 days. You could definitley do the above in the 3 days and maybe for the xtra day or two head for Yangshuo as there is supposed to be plenty to do there in the surrounding area. I was short of time so didnt have time.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com