We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

Would this work? Too much or too little in any of these 2 great places:

Thu 3/9:- arrive Beijing by train from Shangai

- drop bags hotel

- Tiananmen Square flag-raising

- breakfast

- Forbidden City

- Wangfujing pedestrian street

- Donghuamen night snacks market

Fri 4/9: - Mutianyu Great Wall day trip with guide

- [ do some of the sun 9/6 activities]

-

-

Sat 5/9 - Summer Palace

- Olympic Green (Bird's Nest, Water Cube)

- Da Dong Peking duck (Tuanjiehu outlet)

- Sanlitun nightlife

Sun 6/9: - Panjiayuan market

- Temple of Heaven

- Yonghegong Lamasery

- Nanluogu hutong area

- dinner at Ghost Street

- Night flight to Guilin

- Arrive Guilin 23:50 hrs

- Stay night any hotel close to airport or near Li River

----------------------------------------------

Guilin Option 1

Mon 7/9 - Get up early

- boat ride on Li River (morning ride enough to go back hotel and check out)

- Check out hotel and have driver take us to Yangshuo

- Check in Hotel Magnolia in Yangshuo

- Bike tour

- or see some rice plantations??

Tue 8/9 - Bamboo ride to Xingping,

- Moon Hill or some other outdoor activity? please advice

- Impression Liu Sanjie show in the evening.

We 9/9 - Early breakfast, check out hotel and drive back to Guilin

- See Reed flute cave, Elephant trunk; (any other?)

- Night Flight to Bangkok

------------------------------------

Guilin Option 2

Mon 7/9 - Get up early

- Check out hotel early and have driver take us to Yangshuo

- Bike tour or any other activity

- Impression Liu Sanjie show in the evening.

Tue 8/9 - Bamboo ride to Xingping,

- Moon Hill or some other outdoor activity? please advice

- Early evening drive back to Guilin

We 9/9 - Early breakfast,

- boat ride on Li River (morning ride)

- check out hotel leave bags in front desk

- See Reed flute cave, Elephant trunk; (any other?)

- pick up bags evening and to airport

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

Hi, generally you have done a quite nice homework about you itinerary in these two places. But still I have some advice. I am afraid you could not catch the early flag-rising on the first day morning, why not do that in the second or third day? It would be better to check the exact flag-rising time in the first day evening at your hotel. The rest in Beijing is quite nice and leisure.

As for the hotel in Guilin, just go to the downtown by taxi after you arrived at Guilin. Actually the option 1 would fit you well. I mean check out early from hotel and take the Li-river cruise and downstream to Yangshuo( luggage would be brought by driver for you), check-in your hotel in Yangshuo in the afternoon. Usually we would take the bike tour and the bamboo raft the next whole day, the local guide would lead you to the rural areas and appreciate rice planting. When you back to Guilin, you can try the Seven star park as well to see the cute pandas if you like.

China Private Travel

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

Mon 31/8: arrive Shanghai 1400 - check-in hotel - 1-hour Whampoa River cruise - Riverside Promenade - Bund-view dinner in Super Brand Mall - bird's-eye view & drinks in Cloud 9 bar (Grand Hyatt, 87th floor of Jinmao Tower)

Tue 1/9: Yuyuan Gardens - Nanxiang xiaolongbao brunch - Yuyuan Bazaar, Old City area - the Bund, Garden Bridge - Nanjing Lu pedestrian street - Chinese acrobat performance at Shanghai Circus World - dinner & drinks at Xintiandi

Wed 2/9: check-out hotel (early morning) - deposit luggage at train station - Jade Buddha Temple - lunch at home-style restaurant on Jinxian Lu - French Concession area - overnight train Shanghai -- Beijing D308 (2113--0725)

Thu 3/9: arrive Beijing 0725 - check-in hotel - Tiananmen Square - Forbidden City - Wangfujing pedestrian street - Donghuamen night snacks market

Fri 4/9: Summer Palace - Olympic Green (Bird's Nest, Water Cube) - Da Dong Peking duck (Tuanjiehu outlet) - Sanlitun nightlife

Sat 5/9: Panjiayuan market - Temple of Heaven - Yonghegong Lamasery - Nanluogu Alley hutong area - Bell & Drum Towers - dinner at Ghost Street - Houhai nightlife area

Sun 6/9 (vehicle hire): check-out hotel - 798 art district - Mutianyu Great Wall - airport check-in 1920 - evening flight Beijing -- Guilin (2120--2355)

Mon-Thu 7-10/9: Guilin/Yangshuo

Fri 11/9: flight Guilin -- Bangkok

3. Re: Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:07 am, August 21, 2009
Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

My god,

is this a holiday or a boot camp??

ellyse has given some suggestions, which i painfully, I have to agree with. but i think you have seriously underestimated your timings in yangshuo/guilin.

reeed cave vs crown cave - i prefer crown cave. Lots of other stuff as well around guilin.

your trip beijing/guilin/yangshuo schedule would take me at least 18 days to do at a reasonable pace. but that is me.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

The Beijing part is doable as suggested by Elyse.

Personally, I think I'd prefer to stop by the Olympic Park in the evening when the lights are on, though that means you can't go inside.

Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

This is better plan for your tour in Guilin and Yangshuo.

I am local of this area.

Mon 7/9 -

Visit Elephant Hill and Reed Flute Cave and then drive to Yangshuo.

Watch Liu Sanjie Show in the evening.

Tue 8/9 - Bamboo ride to Xingping area and visit Fuli old town.

We 9/9 - Early breakfast, bike tour in the morning, visit Moon Hill, Yulong river and beautiful villages( You can see hills, bamboo groves, rice paddies) and drive to Guilin airport directly ( not pass Guilin city)

Guilin Private Tours

7. Re: Beijing / Guiling intinerary Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 19, 2010