We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

Hi! I'm leaving for Guillin this wkend..26Jul09

Juz got my itinery. Will be going to Elephant Trunk Hill n Lui's Sister Lndscape grden. Then on cruise along Li river. Then to Yangshuo for shopping at West street n Xanadul (Shi Wai Tao Yuan). Also to Fubo Hill.

4th day will be vsiting Terrace fields, Zhuang village and again shopping at Flower n Bird market and Dongjiang market.

Can anyone tell me what kind of things or souvenirs sold at the shopping places i'm going? And does it take hours to move frm one place to another? I will be staying at Xishan Guillin Hotel. Is English widely spoken or just by sign language? Appreciate if someone could answer my q...regards..

Mentioned in this post
Fubo Hill
Fubo Hill
177 Reviews
Guilin, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,925 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

Nothing special to buy on West street. Just knick knacks. English is more widely spoken in Yangshuo then most places in China.

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

Thanks JP..

I really look forward for an enjoyable journey..

Guilin
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

The downtown area of Guilin is quite small. Yangshuo (where the West Street is located) and Longsheng (where the Terraced Rice Fields & Zhuang village are located) are two out of Guilin's 12 counties.

You can figure out the locations of Yangshuo and Longsheng on the travel map of Guilin: chinatouristmaps.com/travel/guangxi/guilin/g…

From Guilin to Yangshuo, 1.5 hours ride; while, to Longseng, 2 hours.

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

Hi..thanks to u Lavender..

well...at least i'v got the picture of where i will be next week..hehehe..

But my itinerary says that we will overnight at Yangshuo. Surprisingly Longsheng takes longer hours but they make it a day trip there.

I saw a place name Ginkoes Scenic Zone on the map.

Is this a place where u can find the ginko biloba?

One more thing..is there any good place for body massage and reflexology in town and hows the price like?

Guilin
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

The Gingkoes Scenic Zone, called Haiyang in Chinese, is relatively a remote mountainous village of Guilin, about 2 hours ride from downtown Guilin. The place indeed has a lot of gingko trees. However, it is worth visiting in late antumn when the leaves all turn yellow. I visited the place in 2006 in late autumn and it was really amazing.

There are many massage shops in downtown Guilin. But I don't know the best one. I will ask my friends about that and I will tell you as soon as I get it.

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

Owh dear.. u make me jealous when u mention about autumn leaves of ginkoes..perhaps could arrange for another trip next time hah?

A friend told me that there's a place where u could give a treatment to your skin by applying the mud from a cave or something which i'm not sure of. Coz he happens to watch this particular programme on Guillin on Discovery channel sometimes back. Do u have any idea on that Lavender?

Guilin
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

Dear Tunteja, sorry for my late reply; I have been so busy these days. Maybe you have been on your trip to Guilin...

The place for the mud bath is near the Moon Hill(Yue Liang Shan in Chinese) in Yangshuo. You can ask your local tour guide or the local people for the exact location. Many people find it interesting. Wish you a good journey!

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

Hello again everyone!

Finally i'm back from Guilin..

Dear Lavender, if u could have confirm earlier on the Moon Hill where the mud bath is, i should have insist my tour guide to take us there. This is because, he keep on saying that he have not heard anything or anywhere about the mud bath though his local. Until i saw the signboard n the hill(cave) accidentally on our way to Yangshuo. But when i told him..he said only young guys love to go for the mud bath there. What an excuse! It really dissapoint me n my friends.

Anyway, we were brought to another cave called Silver Cave. Wow! it's so amazing!

Though our visit to Longsheng is cancelled due to heavy rains and bad weather, it's still interesting and tiring to climb up the Fubo Hill and watched cultural folks show in town. Took a lot of pictures too.

Thanks to everyone who hv guided me here...

Looking forward to be in Perth in November...

Mentioned in this post
Fubo Hill
Fubo Hill
177 Reviews
Guilin, China
Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

mud cave is adventurous and takes you around 2 hours in the cave, it is nice for the young people and not easy for old guys.

10. Re: Info needed on Guillin n my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, February 07, 2010