We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
213 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

I'm considering a few nights in Guilin and thought the Waterfall Hotel sounded interesting. However, when I checked some web sites and what I think was the hotel's direct web site, the price showed up over $100 per nite, and I assumed it was well under that. Does anyone know of a more appropriate method of reserving or does that sound right on price?

If yes, my understanding is that I can easily stay somewhere decent for much less, agree?

one more question - Are two nights enough time that the visit would be enjoyable?

Thanks in advance.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,273 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

I think it will not be easy to get it for less than $100, it is a 5-star hotel.

Check www.kayak.com

Aussie living in...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

You get what you pay for, if you want 5 star then you will pay higher. There are plenty of good 3 stars around. We just came back and booked one that was recommended by Ctrip it was 240Y with computer and internet. It included breakfast and was in the centre of town, they offered free pick-up from the airport too.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

Appreciate your responses. I was looking at tripadvisor which indicated rooms were about $67 (or so I thought). I guess not.

Heshan - can you provide name of the hotel you were happy with?

thanks again

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,249 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

Whose dollars - canadian or us? I paid 700 RMB for the Waterfall last year and thought it was good value. Breakfasts were ridiculously expensive however.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

The prices I mentioned are USD.

Thanks for your comments.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

I now use wotif to book hotels - though I see the waterfall hotel is not on their list in guilin.

yes you can stay for much less than that - but what is your definition of decent - it is very subjective.

In china, when you book through c-trip, many hotels will say that they will give you cheaper price, as they must pay c-trip. This works if you extend your stay. book a day then negotiate and extend if you like the place - otherwise - go to a different hotel is my general advice.. i spend hundreds of days a year in hotels, apartments etc.. sad, but true..

And also, if using c-trip - you will have more choice of hotels on the chinese language pages than the english pages - go figure...

7. Re: Waterfall Hotel - how to reserve cheaply?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, October 09, 2009