We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangshuo/Guilin guide

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Yangshuo/Guilin guide

Just concluded a trip to Yangshuo /Guilin.Though i could have done the trip myself but i must say that im glad that i engaged the sevices of Lilly n the pleasant driver.,MrTang.Lilly is a fantastic guide n very very efficient.Time just flies n its so soon that we realised its the end of the trip.Yangshuo is as expected a beautiful place .,incomparable in its beauty.The Silver caves is enormous.The rafting along Yulong river is a must n also not forgetting the dio it yrself rafting at the Liu SanJie (Banyan tree).We had meals in places that r not frequented by tourists n the food is just wonderful.Mr Tang was so good in this.,knowing the places with excellent food.We thoroughly enjoyed the beerfish n the excellent sucullent duck in the restauarnt on top the hill.Places or the restaurants might be rundown or old but the good food speaks volume n we just polished up all the plates.Liusanjie show is excellent n i the 320Rmb seat is by far the bestview.Paradesa is quite a ordinary hotel but with excellent location , it suits us fine as we love to wander in the beautiful town at night.,after spending the whole day out.I dont fancy staying out of the way as as we would be too tired to make the trip back to the hotel after the energy sapping trips.Many other places r highly recommended.Also th ehot air balloon ride is a must.The view from up in the air is fabulous.In Guilin,Sheraton Hotel is a fantastic place to stay.Buffet in hotel is quite good n not costly.Loation is great.Guilin by itself has not many sights that r comparable to Yangshuo but shopping is ok for cheap items.I wil nt commend further on the places to visit there as been mentioned they r not as nice as in Yangshuo.But the lion n bear zoo is quite a fascinating place to go.Dont miss the lion/bear show at 230pm n the horseriding show at 420pm.Trip is made more wonderful by Lilly email at lulilly12@hotmail.com n Mr Tang.,as we r short of time having to go back to HongKong.

guilin
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

Very nice experience. I could feel what you wrote.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

Thanks for the trip report Benny. I have heard Mr Tang is a good driver.

The restaurant at the top of the hill sounds good - can't wait to try the Beer Fish. Was it the the family restaurant at Moon Hill?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

Hi annie ,no its not on the Moon Hill as to the exact location i think i need to get the name from MrTang again.But its on the hill that s not as high up as MoonHill n the road to that restaurant is dirt road all the way but there s a crowd anyway due to its good food.Their speciality of cos is the whole roast duck where u get to fry them on yr table n the beer fish too.We had about 4 main dish n a soup,plus the whole duck 6 of us n only cost 180Rmb.We tucked in evrything n need to loosen the belt after that.Luckily the car was goin down after the meal if not i dont think it could make it up the hill with our weight.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

Hi Benny,

I noticed that you used Mr. Tang, and mentioned that your lunch was for 6 people. Did you travel with a group of 4 adults? If so, how could you fit into Mr. Tang's car?

I'm facing the same dilemma, i have contacted Lilly but i have doubts on being able to fit 6 adults with Mr. Tang.

Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

Hey Benny, sorry missed your reply. Have changed internet providers so the usual problems.

Pigengineer, hope you all squeeze in:)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

Hi engineer,there were 5 of us adults only(inclusive of the guide n the driver).Just like annie said hope u all could squeeze in but i doubt,however if u need a minivan or MPV,Lilly should be able to organise for u.We used the car wherever we go,either to the rafting,moon hill,ballooning etc etc.Whole day we started about 9am till late evening n it costs me around 300Rmb for the driver n car,100Rmb for the guide.We didnot cycle as we want to cover almost all the places n also the weather was too cold n rainy in the morning.I had noticed many local tourists cycling in the rain n was soaked by the time they reached,too tired n wet to enjoy the rafting ...Apart from the good meals i enjoyed r the big banyan tree where we did our own rafting n the ballooning.Costs about 700Rmb /person n got to wake up early for that. Hope u will have a great time.

7. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, September 03, 2010
8. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, May 21, 2009
9. Re: Yangshuo/Guilin guide

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, November 18, 2009