We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I losing my mind?

CMG
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Am I losing my mind?

Greetings to the forum. I'm having a problem that I hope someone can solve. I'd like to make a reservation at the Lijiang Waterfall Hotel, but I can't find a place on the hotel's website (or anywhere online that will take a direct reservation). Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

My wife, her friend and I are staying in Guilin overnight before heading to Yangshuo for two days this coming May. The Lijiang Waterfall looks like a quality spot for a decent price (although the $84 price tag under on tripadvisor may no longer be accurate). If I can't book the Lijiang Waterfall, does anyone have a recommendation for an overnight stay?

Also, we're taking a Li River cruise to Yangshuo (I've heard good and bad reviews, but for the price it would cost us to get to Yangshuo anyway, I'm ok taking a lazy trip down the river). What's the best way to make a reservation for the trip? If we arrive in Guilin after 9 p.m. will we be able to make a reservation for the next morning?

Thanks in advance for any help, especially to the regular posters who have already answered so many of my questions without me needing to ask.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,848 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I losing my mind?

this is the website (I just Googled it): www.waterfallguilin.com/english/abouts.asp

I was there 10 days ago. Very good hotel. I think i booked through www.kayak.com

Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I losing my mind?

You can try to book it by www.ctrip.com or www.elong.net, on the li river cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, everyone can hold their reviews, it is very nice and enjoyable cruise

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I losing my mind?

You're not losing your mind. I remember that website, having the same problem. I just wanted a quote. (I decided not to go there because with the website not up to snuff I thought it might be a sign of worse things to come, but I haven't been so I can't say that would be the case.)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I losing my mind?

WE stayed at Waterfall Hotel at the beginning of the year, however we booked via a travel agent.

As for a cruise down the Li River, I was advise that cruises in January is a short cruise starting about half way to Yangshao for about 6 km the return. THis I was told due to low river flows. However don't be ripped off by operators offering discount cruises for Y400 when the normal price is about Y460 - they don't tell you that the cruise is not the full length of the river.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I losing my mind?

We were in Jing Du hotel (150 RMB)Guilin and watched Reed Flute Cave (interesting). Li river cruise 4 hour is not nessesary. We took express bus to Yangshuo (14 RMB) 1 hour, stay at Peace Family holiday Hotel 100 RMB night, and took several boat trip by Li river. It is cheaper and not so boring. Remember to barging hard. Yangshuo is lovely town, and we were there 6 nights. Sorry my english!

6. Re: Am I losing my mind?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 22, 2009