We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai-Beijing-Guilin-Shenzen-Hongkong

Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shanghai-Beijing-Guilin-Shenzen-Hongkong

Hi there, I lived in Jakarta, Indonesia and intend to bring my 70th years old Mom for a trip to China. My brother in law intend to bring his Mom also and we are planning to meet at KL/Spore , group of 8 person (together with my wife, my 7yrs old daughter, 2 yrs son, and my sister) and have a guided tour to these places. Its more like because none of us speak Mandarin (except my brother in law) and I once saw Guilin and thought it would be great to have a vacation there.

I checked with few travel agents and the best time to visit is on September (planned to do it on Sept 28 - 8 days tour max, my daughter would be delight if we can end up at Disneyland Hongkong).

Please share your opinion/ides/ information on reliable group tour and best attractions in these places.

thank you.

Wendy Wei Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Guilin Two Rivers and Four Lakes Resort
Sightseeing Tours, Bodies of Water
Travel China Guide - Guilin Private One-day Tour
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanghai-Beijing-Guilin-Shenzen-Hongkong

Don't visit mainland China in the 1st week of October as it's National Day holiday week. Even if you're on a group tour and don't have to worry about accommodation and etc, you'll still have the problem of too many people at the sights and getting stuck in traffic.

If you're on a group tour, I don't think you'll have much say about which attractions you'll be able to visit, so is there any point to naming those?

guilin, china
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shanghai-Beijing-Guilin-Shenzen-Hongkong

The price will much higer than usual in Sep,2008. It is only a month late than Beijing Olympic game and the price of hotel still high. So if you have time, you can visit China in Apr or later March. It is much better than Sep.

3. Re: Shanghai-Beijing-Guilin-Shenzen-Hongkong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 16, 2009