We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few questions about Longsheng

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
1 post
Save Topic
a few questions about Longsheng

1. How much will it cost to hire a private car/driver/guide to go from Guilin to Longsheng, and then from Longsheng to Yangshao (the next day)?

2. Do we need to reserve a room in advance in Ping An? If so, any suggestions where to stay?

3. I see several posters have said winter is not a good time to go to Longsheng. How about Novermber? My trip would be Nov 10-14.

Thanks

xian
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: a few questions about Longsheng

Hi

It is not a good time to visit Longsheng on NOV, the scenery is not good, because the winter is coming, the grass are yellow, the leaves falling down.

The best time to Guilin is June, July, September.

If you really want to know the price about veichle and guide, i can tell you next time.

Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a few questions about Longsheng

On the hotel in Pingan village, I strongly recommend you stay in Lanyuege Hotel which locates at the highest point of Rice Terraces with very nice view. It is nice and clean hotel, the best food there is in Pingan Hotel. It is soso not the best season to get there as there are no plants on the rice terraces. I am local of this area you can contact at jadeleo66@gmail.com

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a few questions about Longsheng

The scenery is all in the eyes of the beholder. Some of the finest photography is with the rice fields filled with water and no sign of vegetation. It depends what you are looking for.

As for weather, fall is the driest. On the contrary to others, May and June are the wettest months. Almost 12 inches of rain faills in June, with average temperatures of (87-74F). November has the second least average amount of rain, under 2", and moderate temps of 69-55F.

If you look on line after googling "Longsheng photography," you should be able to see the various seasons of the year. Pick the one you like, because as far as the eye can see, that is your scenery! I did not stay overnight, and there are no reviews except for the extra-luxe Li'An at over US $200 per night. Use the search function in the top right box on the Guangxi forum for "Longsheng accommodations" and variants of Longji and hostels, inn, guesthouse, etc. Good luck!

Guangzhou China
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: a few questions about Longsheng

Jacaranda66

As all of the others have said the rice fields are bare at this time of year but sunset and morning will allow you some really good reflection shots of the water on the terraces if there has been any rain since the harvest.

The return trip in a car with a one night stop over cost me $RMB750 for the car hire plus the accomodation and meals for the driver and guide and an extra days guiding fee last July so I guess you could consider that a ball park figure.

I have a slide show which shows the Rice Fields from Spring untill harvest and immediately after harvest when there was rain. If you want to see it contact me on pwintle00@hotmail.com and I will send it to you as an attachment

Lucky Aussie

5. Re: a few questions about Longsheng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 13, 2009