We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

Hello

I will arrive to guangzhou airport on 17th april at 15 pm

I will stay in Hj international hotel in dongguan

What is the best way

If i do not whant to take taxi

Thank you in advance for your informations

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

What is 15 pm? Did you mean 3 pm (15:00)? Or 12 pm?

You can take a coach ride from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport to Dongguan. From the bus depot, you can then take a short taxi ride to your hotel. Buses are frequent.

The following page gives you some ideas. The information may have been outdated (dated 2011) as far as the fare and timetable. You should be able to find the bus information at Baiyun Airport.

transportinchina.com/bus/…

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

Thank you so much for your reply

I mean 3pm

I will check the website

Thank you so much

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

I am going to guanzhong should I fly to hong kong then take the train or fly direct to guanzhong

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

Gelay, decide for yourself. People here are not doctors, cannot cure decidophobia.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

#3: I think you meant "Guangzhou" but it was misspelled consistently.

If your destination is Guangzhou, there seems not reason to fly to Hong Kong first and then take the train to Guangzhou. Why the extra leg?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

HappyFeet, many people fly to HK for Guangzhou. I did that a couple times as well. I did that for either: 1) the price to HK is significantly (definition for "significant" varies from one to another) lower; or 2) fly to HK needs less transit flights. If I can find a direct fly to HK while fly to GZ I need to transit twice, I will do HK. But if I have to go to a far away airport to have a direct flight to HK, I will not do HK unless I can find carpool. From HK airport to GZ is 3 hours and if have a lot of luggages, it is not convenient. Have to consider many things and no straightforward answer.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

OP,

By Airport Bus to Wanjiang, Dongguan then connected with taxi (15KM).

For Airport Bus schedule and cost, please surf http://www.gbiac.net/en/jtzy/citybus/dongguan

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

Re posts#3,

I'll take Cross Border Coach. For details, please surf https:/…

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

Occasionally I fly in and out of HKG because there are old friends to see, business to do, tourist stuff or just want to be in HK. Sometimes that is just how the flights work out. To an experience traveler, travel between Guangzhou and HK is extremely easy and cheap, and fun too. I've taken the buses many times, cheap, fast, fun and easy, the border crossings were always efficient, but some people found it hard, I don't know why, but some people are always complaining anyway.

I actually enjoy and look forward to GZ-HK/HKG-GZ rides, bus, train, limo, car or van, sort of romantic and exotic to me, like a movie.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best way from guangzhou international airport tg

Well iyoo... Sure one can fly through Hong Kong to reach Guangzhou because it is less expensive, the flight schedules matched better, do some shopping, visiting friends, whatever.

But the question is #3 was asked without any further details. If given all things equal, wouldn't you take a more direct route than to spend 3 to 4 hours extra? :)