We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quezon City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

I am arriving in Guangzhou past midnight, what is the best way for me to get to my hotel in the City?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,738 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

Taxi.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,894 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

As long as you take a legal taxi from the marked taxi rank and watch that he uses the meter you should be fine. Ignore touts at the door of the airport.They are not legit. It should cost between 100 & 120 depending on where your hotel is.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

There is a last bus to serve last passengers. 12 yuan. On curb outside exit, you can't miss it. Be sure to have RMB cash on you. An easy 45 minutes ride, you can transit to taxi in town.

Taxi. At Taxi line outside exit, on the center island. By meter. about 100 yuan, give or take some late night surcharge. 45-60 minutes.

I have arrived in CAN after midnight many times, again in Oct 2013. No big deal.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

Don't know where you hotel is in the city. Guangzhou is quite wide-spread. The coach/bus line 1 operates later than midnight I believe. (Something like until 2 am???). If you want to save a little money, you can ride this to the end - Guangzhou Railway Station, generally considered the "center" of the city - at least in the old days. And then transfer to taxi to your hotel, hopefully nearby.

Venice, Ca
Level Contributor
69 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

We will be arriving at CAN at 1:00AM. I read on wikitravel that there can be a long line starting at about 45 minute wait for a taxi. From your experience, has anyone experienced waiting this long for a taxi after midnight?

Thank you!

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

Answered this on the other thread. Don't believe everything you read on wikitravel!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
114 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

Hi folks!

I'll land around 1 Am. I want to go to Lujing lu. Does the last bus has any stop nearby?

Edited: 11:38 pm, October 08, 2013
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

>> I'll land around 1 Am. I want to go to Lujing lu. Does the last bus has any stop nearby? <<

First: These airport buses are point-to-point. They go only to one destination in the city, not with multiple stops along the route.

Second: Take Line 1. It should have some buses running until about 2am or so I think. The destination is near Guangzhou Railway Station. From there, take a taxi to Lujing Lu. It is not too far away, about 3km. Taxi should not cost too much.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

I just arrived at CAN airport at midnight, I saw at least 4 or 5 buses waiting at curb side at 1AM. No worry.

Venice, Ca
Level Contributor
69 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving past midnight, how to get to city from airport

Thank you for all your advice. We arrived in Guangzhou past midnight and had no problem getting cabs. There were tons.