We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

jakarta
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

I'll travelling to China next year, from 5-17 august 2013. Arrive & depart from Guangzhou. Can not miss Yangtze Cruise and Zhangjiajie, haven't decide other tourist spot yet.

Really need advice form expert in this forum to arrange my itenary.

Thanks

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,528 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

"Base" at Guangzhou? These places are far from Guangzhou. (I suspect others that you pick would be far too.) You may nee to do a circular itinerary.

12 days are not a lot.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,805 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

What are your interests? Assume you plan to fly to several places - consider Guilin/Yangshuo for 3-4 days, or Chengdu. Zhangjiajie is hard to get to - you may have to fly to Changsha, or take the fast trian from GZ South.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
321 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

We travelled south, so from the Yangtze cruise we got a bus to train station, then train to Wuhan - stayed here the night then got the bullet train from Wuhan to Guangzhou.

Edited: 3:06 am, November 27, 2012
4. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:35 am, November 28, 2012
jakarta
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

Thank for such a fast reply from all of you.

I'd book the flight with base Guangzhou.But my mother in law insist to do the yangtze cruise. my bad :(

Oke, after spend few weeks read tons of review @TA, this is my itenary:

From jakarta to GuangZhou & arrive at 5 August 2013 2:45 pm

1. GuangZhou 2 days [5-6 august, but at the 2nd night have a flight to Zhangjiajie [depart 8 pm & arrive 9:30 pm].

2. @Zhangjiajie 2 days [7-8 August], then next morning [9 august] ...

3. To Yichang by train, depart at 9:23 AM & arrived at 2:24PM, then [if its possible], straight go to the pier to board the cruise, by taxi form train station.

4. Do the Yangtze Cuirse to chongqing. I believe it take 5 days [09-13 august]

For the next 4 days, i'm totally blank, don't what's next => please help me :(

I don't wanna go to Guilin, cause 1 think it's same with Yangtze cruise. Ever think about Jiuzhaigou & huanglong , but afraid it's to cold for senior member, [is it true?].

I perceived there's some tourist spot between chongqing - guangzhou.

It would be nice if this area is reachable by train from chongqing for 4-5 hours. Then from there i can take a flight back to Guangzhou.

TQ

jakarta
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

@beadshopper : where is your cruise ended? Chongqing or Yichang? how long

it take from there to Wuhan, by train ? What's Wuhan have?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,805 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

Guilin is nothing like Yangtze!! Guilin is a big city linked to the town of Yangshuo which does not have an airport or train station - Yangshuo has beautiful rural scenery, rice fields & the most amazing Karst Mountains.

Most people find Yangshuo to be a highlight of China, while very few good reports these days of the Yangtze cruise, sadly.

jakarta
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

@zhuhai2007

Thanks for your info about Guilin & Yangshuo.

I'll explore about this area further. Any suggestion what to do at this place?

About Yangtze cruise, this is my mother in law dream for a long time.

So, it's okay if we got to make some excuse to make her happy.

TQ

9. Re: Need help: 2 week itenary with base at Guangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 16, 2013