We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it better to fly to HK then Guangzhou or vice versa?

Kota Kinabalu
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Is it better to fly to HK then Guangzhou or vice versa?

Is HK near to Guangzhou? How far are these two places from each other and can I get to both places by bus/train/plane (which airline?)

How about Beijing?

Thank you

Guangzhou
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
527 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it better to fly to HK then Guangzhou or vice versa?

Guanghzou is near Hong kong ,just about 2 hours by train , about 3 hours by bus.

AIR. I waited 6 hours for connecting flight, more security lines, delays, lots of Chinese tourists, wait to get on and off, and again same deal in guangzhou airport, then taxi or bus into guangzhou. Not as easy as it seems.

by bus or train would be better than by air.

guangzhoutravelguide.com/guangzhou_travel/tr…

Beijing is far from Hong kong ,you need to fly from Hong kong to Beijing , about 3 hours.

Edited: 3:31 am, November 18, 2012
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
36,331 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it better to fly to HK then Guangzhou or vice versa?

Flying is good if you get a quick connection, but bus is most convenient.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it better to fly to HK then Guangzhou or vice versa?

As for "How Far", the distance between Guangzhou and Hong Kong, from city center to city center, is about 100 miles, or 160km.

For Beijing... it is easier to take a look at Google map or other online map to know where places are.

http://goo.gl/maps/UhGNd

Hong Kong to Beijing, distance-wise: 1220 miles, or 1963km

timeanddate.com/worldclock/distances.html…

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it better to fly to HK then Guangzhou or vice versa?

I had the same question before. I chose HK then GZ. It's hassle free to travel from HK hung hom train station to GZ. As I understand it is easier and faster to clear immigration in HK than vise versa. I'm in GZ now, so it all works out quite well. However, it depends if you have plans to purchase perishables from HK. My only regret is I can't buy HK food stuff back.... Although GZ has a great many nice stuff too.

Guangzhou, China
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it better to fly to HK then Guangzhou or vice versa?

Hong Kong is close to Guangzhou when Beijing is pretty far out there in the north.

Another option is Shenzhen, that city is even closer to Hong Kong than Guangzhou.

Here is a site with inter-city bus, train and ferry schedules among these cities mentioned above.

http://prdguide.com/

6. Re: Is it better to fly to HK then Guangzhou or vice versa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 16, 2013