We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

Hi, i and my two friends will be going reaching Macau International Airport on a Saturday , at 4 pm. And from there on, i would like to go to Guangzhou as i had already got accomodation there. Would like to ask, how should i go about it? i read a lot mentioning going thru the borders/ taipa/ masters hotel etc. To me, it seems that it that the easiest way is to get to Macau Masters Hotel from the airport, and then take a bus directly from the so called Kee Kwan Bus Station which is located near the hotel. my questions are

1. How far is the hotel from the airport? is it advisable to take a taxi or bus? how much would be the rate and how long would it take each?

2. if i take the bus from there, i heard we have to reach the border, bring down all our luggage? clear the customs? and sit back the same bus?

3. how long would it take from macau to guangzhou plus all the hassle and immigration clearance?

4. At what frequency the bus goes from macau to guangzhou?

Another thing, i also noticed that the macau airport website written that there is a direct bus from Macau International Airport to Guangzhou. how much would be the rate, and what would be the frequency of the bus there? it seems much more convenient if to take the bus straight from the airport to guangzhou

many thanks in advanced for answering the questions. I beleive there had been many forums on Macau to Guangzhou, however, most of the time, the views are quite old, and there are not much reviews on it....hence i do not know which one to trust.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,190 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

I have never taken the direct bus from the airport but I see no reason to doubt the currency of the Macau Airport website. There is a sign in the terminal directing passengers to the "cross-border buses". Which ever bus you take, you will be required to walk your luggage across both borders.

Taxi to the Kee Kwan Bus Station would take 15-20 minutes. I believe the buses go roughly every 30 minutes to GZ.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

Hi! Is a day trip possible to Macau from Guangzhou ? and what time would the buses start from Guangzhou ?

thanks

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,190 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

AFAIK first bus (from the Landmark) is about 6:45 am - long way for a day trip (3-4 hours each way).

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

The other possible complication for doing a day trip from the mainland to Macau is that you would need to have at least a double entry visa for the mainland: Macau maintains its own border controls, so a single entry visa is finished if you enter Macau.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
667 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

hi oisan. Do I need to have a visa to enter Macau if I come from Guangzhou. I will be carrying with me a China visa. Please advise Dina

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

What passport do you carry? Most nationalities do not require visas to enter Macau for tourism purposes. About 2/3 of the way down this page there is a comprehensive list of visa-free entry periods and the cost of visas for those nationals who do require them: hk.macautourism.gov.mo/en/info/get2macau.php

7. Re: Macau to Guangzhou by Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:35 pm, May 31, 2013