We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

Hello I am traveling Guangzhou this september 11th, and I would like to know if I can stay and sleep at the Baiyun International Airport (stay and sleep in the airport bench) because I will arrive late night. Also If you know about a very cheap hotel really near the GZ Railway station. (I had checked the V8 Hotel but directions are difficult). Thank you!!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

I suspect the security people would start clearing out loiterers and closing up at some point during the night.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

Do not stay at the airport - nothing good will come of this. I suspect there will be hotel desks in the arrivals area of the airport. You will be able to find something in your budget from them.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

I had slept in the Hong Kong airport last year, nothing to worry about there... will be the same at the Baiyun Airport?... Thanks

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,105 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

HKG is a 24hr airport. CAN is not. I once came in on a charter flight at 2 am and the airport was closed. Once you exit the baggage claim there was nothing open, no seats, nowhere to go. My hotel forgot to pick me up and I had many funny looks from the guards. BTW I stayed at the Airport Hotel - not the Novotel nor Pullman which are right at the airport but about 5 min away.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

Why would your experience in Hong Kong airport have any bearing on how Guangzhou airport (or any other airport for that matter) work?

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

Well, only because my flight arrives late night, and I was hopping to save one hotel night, nothing else nothing more...

And thank you for your advice I will check for hotels near the airport at 12 am thanx...

7. Re: Guangzhou trip, can you help me with this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 07, 2010