We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with flights

United Kingdom
3 posts
Help with flights

Hi everyone,

I am trying to book a flight to Chelyabinsk, I live in the UK and flights are around £550.

I am trying to find a cheaper option, and thought perhaps travelling from somewhere else in Europe may be cheaper. I am unable to find any flights and have done several searches.

I have also tried looking at Chelyabinsk airport to find out with no avail.

Can anyone help me please.

Donna :-)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Help with flights

Check with aeroflot and aerosvit? I think I spelled both right? You may have to fly into Moscow, and then change planes and or even airports to get to Chelyabinsk. It is a good sized city in the south part of the urals. It is the second largest city in that area next to Yekaterinburg. It is a huge mine area for the making of metals. It is just south of Yek, so if it does not have a very large airport, maybe you can fly into Yek, and then take a train and or bus to Chelyabinsk? Try Lufthansa to Moscow, and then change planes & or airports to Yek and or Chelyabinsk. Good luck. If you are flying there to meet a lady. I would strongly suggest that she meets you at the nearest airport, so that she can get you to her home town? If you do not know Russian, it can be a problem getting around!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Help with flights

Sorry, I am so used to answering questions on another site about Russian fiancee visa's and such I stated Lady and not Gentleman! If that is the reason for your trip? Anyway, Chelyabinsk ICOA is USCC. The normal airport code is CEK. Good Luck.

United Kingdom
3 posts
3. Re: Help with flights

Thank you I will check the links out. No i am just meeting my friends there :-)

Can you fly from Poland?

Donna

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Help with flights

Hi, Donna!

Hope I`m not too late (well at least it can be helpfull in future :)

Try KD Avia (www.kdavia.ru) - its rather cheap

If your friends can pick you up in Yekaterinburg (about

2,5 hours drive from Cheljabinsk) - try Transaero Airlines (www.transaero.ru)- flight via Moscow to Yekaterinburg. I travelled to London couple of years ago and found that flight rather convenient and cheap (comparing to all other options!)

In addition to airlines web-pages I always use www.amadeus.net to compare prices and get usefull information

Good Luck!

Yelena

5. Re: Help with flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Chelyabinsk
Recent Conversations
More Chelyabinsk Topics