We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Which Sochi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Any tips on finding accommodation in Sochi during the Winter Olympics? Not having much luck so far!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
871. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

anyone book a cruise ship from select-a-room? does this seem legite? I have been having too much trouble booking through the svoy site!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
872. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

TORN1 welcome back and thanks for starting this thread )))) There are several posters who booked through select-a-room. I personally have not had any experience with select, but it looks legit as far as I can tell.

Edited: 7:25 am, October 14, 2013
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
873. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

TORN1- I booked a 4-berth cabin with Select-a-Room back on July 30th and it was more expensive, but very convenient. I just wanted to get it done as quickly and secure as possible so I could move on to other things! All emails about the size/location of room quickly answered, secure credit card payment. Low stress!!

Today is the first visit I made back to this site to see what has been developing. So far, I've received nothing from S-a-R about any "new" meal fees.

Edited: 11:29 am, October 14, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
874. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

People here have basically booked through three agencies:

Svoy - have to send cc information to them which can be an issue for some. They are the least expensive.

Riviera Sochi - They charge slightly more than Svoy but do take credit cards through an online site. Seems to cater more to Russians and it is hard to find the cruise ships on their english site. Best to send them an email.

Select-a-room - more automated than the others however they are more expensive.

All three appear to be legit. It all comes down to how much "hassle" you are willing to go through for the savings.

Hope this helps.

Malibu
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
875. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Jim A, This is the first time anyone has mentioned knowing anything about the location of their room. How specific were they with that information? Do you know which floor/level you are on?

Did they give you a room number?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
876. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

I booked through Svoy and when I asked about location, the answer was very general: standard cabins with a window (E) (the one I booked) are located on decks: 4, 5, 6. No room number was given.

Edited: 12:49 pm, October 14, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
877. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

I have a question, I have read though this thread and that's how I found out about the cruise ship rooms. When I went on Svoy the prices were in Russian Ruble. When they sent me the email to pay it shows in EUR. I just wanted to know that if I send them my credit card info they are not going to charge me in EUR because that's more expensive in US dollars. Also does anyone have the website for Rivera?

Edited: 1:03 pm, October 14, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
878. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Prices should be the same. They use prices in rubles and calculate prices in EUR and US dollars using official exchange rate. So, the price is the same, regardless of currency. The only difference is when your credit card is charged in EUR your bank will most likely charge you a forex conversion fee.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
879. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

Oh I have a credit card that doesn't charge foreign fees. I just want to make sure because it was the same price listed in EUR as it was listed in RUB on the site. Just checking before I pay it. Do you know the link to Rivera? Thanks for the help.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
880. Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Accomodation

The link to Riviera: http://www.riviera-sochi.com/?lang=eng

May be those who booked through Riviera will share with you name/contact information of a person they were dealing with as booking was made via email correspondence.

By the way, are you sure that you saw prices in EUR on Svoy site? Numbers should be definately different.

Edited: 1:31 pm, October 14, 2013