We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

Auckland, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

Hello everyone, I am Chinese who is living in New Zealand now. I have been to Rostov-on-don in Nov 2013. It is a really nice city. Just kindly ask a question about the public transportation of Rostov-on-don, because I will be there again in June 2018 for FIFA World Cup. My match is Iceland VS Croatia. The kick off time is 21:00 26 June. It means it will finish at roughly 23:00. In my case, I need to catch an airplane from Platov airport in the Early morning of 27 June. The departure time of the airplane is 02:55 am. Is that possible for me to take a bus from Rostov Arena to the Platov airport? If yes, which bus can i take? I check the information online, I find a bus NO 285 will reach the airport, but i am not sure if it has any stops during the way from Main train station to the airport ? Many thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Rostov-on-Don
Rostov-on-Don
Rostov Oblast, Russia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
7 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

@ liuxiao824, hi

I would strongly recommend to take a cab. Say yandex taxi. Check google store for their app.

Auckland, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

Many thanks. Do I need to make appointment in advance? Or I can use that after the match ? Thanks

Rostov-on-Don
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

After the match nearby streets will be blocked so first you'll have to walk quite a lot till you see the streets with any traffic (I suppose, it'll be Bolshaya Sadovaya street or farther). From there you can take a taxi (better to do it with Uber or Yandex.Taxi apps).

I'm not sure about preorder. I would say just take a taxi after the match.

But don't waste time as Platov is quite far from the city. At 00:30 you should be on your way to the airport already.

Edited: 10:18 am, May 25, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Bolshaya Sadovaya Street
Bolshaya Sadovaya Street
78 Reviews
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

valuable tip: get out of the stadium some 20 min prior to the last whistle, this way you`ll avoid the major crowd and have a chance to get the cab. Yandex taxi works the same way as uber and Grab.

Auckland, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

Thank you very much !

Auckland, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

Thanks!

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?

@ liuxiao824

You are most welcome and safe travels!

Reply to: How to reach the Platov airport in the Early morning?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted