We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more on traveling to Krasnodar

Utah, USA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
more on traveling to Krasnodar

In my previous post, I stated that the nonstop flight does not exist between Vienna and Krasnodar but this isn't totally true, however, it is not listed with any of the travel agencies that I have searched with. I would like some suggestions about how to book a flight through a travel agency from Salt Lake City, Utah via Paris, Vienna, and then Krasnodar. This is too cumbersome to try and book a flight online with each leg being purchased seperately. Even Trip Advisor does not list the entire trip as a package, however, you can purchase the direct flight from Vienna to Krasnodar and that is very expensive by itself. My options are limited, can anyone help me?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

Use http://www.aua.com/ for booking Vienna-Krasnodar flight. It's only one direct flight 500 euro two-way... not very cheap in compare with Moscow-Vienna route

Utah, USA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

Thanks RussianMatreshka, I also had checked out aua.com and I did notice that it was a lot more expensive than going via Moscow but I still hate the flight time. I may have no choice.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

I think you can not book your flight JFK-Vienna-KRR with Austrian because they Rossia Airlines that flies Vienna-KRR-Vienna as code sharing or etc. Your travel agency can check Amadeus for the best solution, I'm sure there're should be a way to fly KRR from Europe)))

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

and if you can tell appr. dates of your flight I'd check it with the ticketing system myself - it really puzzles me )))

Utah, USA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

Thanks MoscowFan. I finally talked with a travel agent that knew what they were doing and, to book a flight to Krasnodar from Vienna direct, it would cost me more than twice as much as going through Moscow. If I book via Moscow, it will only cost me $1300 roundtrip but if I was to go via Vienna direct to Krasnodar, it will cost me $5000. I am looking at a departure date around March 2. For some reason, Austrian Airlines pulled their flight that's direct to Krasnodar from the package that I looked at about 3 weeks ago which was only $1900 at that time for a roundtrip ticket. The Vienna-Krasnodar flight is the one who's price has shot through the roof. I will have about a 5 hour layover in Moscow before going to Krasnodar but I guess I'll have to deal with it. Thanks again!

6. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:07 am, June 24, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

You can take another direct flight cheaper, but it's charter Yakutia airlines and from Verona :(

You can buy it in russian travel agencies (www.pac.ru, www.danko.ru), who make ski tours to Alps.

Utah, USA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

I am satisfied now with the options that have been presented to me an I will be choosing the flight via Moscow to Krasnodar. I located one where I did not have such a long layover there and my total travel time was reduced to just 18+ hours and the price is good too.

Utah, USA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

Thank you shirokoff_pro, I searched this site as you suggested but the $690.37 flight also went to Moscow too before going to Krasnodar.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: more on traveling to Krasnodar

I'm happy you found a good solution, 18 hours is OK. Enjoy your trip!

And I'll still check the problem with rossiya-airlines that is supposed to fly Vienna-KRR dayily, just want to know the reason!

Best regards,