We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trans-Mongolian Railway - Do I need a Visa

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Trans-Mongolian Railway - Do I need a Visa

Could anybody advise as to what kind of Visa I would need for Mongolia if I'm taking the Trans-Mongolian railway from Russia to China? I was told I need a transit visa. Can anybody confirm this and/or offer any advice they may have or have experienced?

Thank you in advance.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,452 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trans-Mongolian Railway - Do I need a Visa

Ask in Mongolia forum.

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trans-Mongolian Railway - Do I need a Visa

<<from Russia to China?>>

Assuming you hold a Canadian passport then yes you need a visa to travel through Russia, you can get a transit visa valid for up to 10 days, but for this you'd need your train tickets and a visa for Mongolia in place before you can apply.

Its simpler just to get a regular tourist visa.

3. Re: Trans-Mongolian Railway - Do I need a Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Siberian District