We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nijverdal, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

I will be in St. Petersburg on 12/15 september this year and I've always dreamed about going to a Swan Lake performance. However, Miinsky is closed when we are in St. Petersburg! I am so dissapointed! Can anyone tell me if there are any reasonable alternatives? (Swan Lake will be danced in the Hermitage Theatre but after reading here I think that won't be a good idea? I've never seen any ballet before.....

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

Hi ccc-tje and welcome!

>>I will be in St. Petersburg on 12/15 september this year

I'd say it's too early to book your tickets - mid-September is almost the end of the tourist season, so you'll be fine. Wait till Mikhailovsky theater posts its playbill www.mikhailovsky.ru/en/afisha/performances (I'm not sure when they go on vacation). And only after that you can look at some "second-level" dance companies (for them it's also too early to have the playbill posted now).

Nijverdal, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

Hi Svetakoshka, thank you for your answer. Do you know if there's a way to send an email to the Mikhailovsky theatre and ask them when they will be on vacation? I can't find any contact information on their website. Don't you think I will be to late, also for "second level" dance companies if I wait? For me it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! I've been waiting for this for many years! :)

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

Hi ccc-tje,

Mikhailovsky contacts www.mikhailovsky.ru/en/theatre/contacts (I'd send both email and fill-in that form)

>>Don't you think I will be to late, also for "second level" dance companies if I wait?

chances are 50/50: either you're late or not :) Seriously, where did you see info about that ballet at the Hermitage theater on your dates?(I hope it's not operaandballet/balletandopera web-site!) I think it's too early for September schedules...

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

I made some research based on the info in the forum. I found my options are:

1. Swan lake 18.06.2014 at 20:00 at The Grand Palace Theatre. The company performing is SPb theater Russian Ballet.

2. SWAN LAKE at the ALEXANDRINSKY THEATRE - June 18. The company performing is Konstantin Tachkin´s.

3. Swan Lake at the Hermitage Theatre. - June 19.The company performing is Yacobson ballet (webpage to buy tickets is either in Russian or doesnt allow to buy tickets)

Or, there is:

4. A Midsummer Night's Dream 20 June - Mariinsky Theatre - Stars of the White Nights Festival

5. Don Quixote at the Mikhailovsky Theatre on June 18.

I know Mariinsky and Mikhailovsky are much better but they dont have Swan Lake for the dates I need.

Please tell me which one do you reccomend.

Thanks a lot.

Nijverdal, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

Hi Svetakovska,

I'm afraid is was on www.balletandopera.com/index.html…

..... So this is not a good website to make a booking?

Edited: 1:52 am, May 20, 2014
Nijverdal, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

Hi Svetakoshka, sorry, spelled your name wrong!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

>>on www.balletandopera.com/index.html….. So this is not a good website to make a booking?

if you don't mind 100+% price markup it's fine to book via that web-site ... Also sometimes "their" schedule is questionable - it happened before (they would advertise "such show by such dancing Co at such date/venue" but the official web-site of that dancing company wouldn't know their own playbill for that date yet.... )

Nijverdal, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

Thank you, I'll try to wait a little bit longer.... if they don't know what the playrol will be in September I think I can't be to late at this moment to book anything!

I'll keep you informed ;)

Nijverdal, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

Hi Svetakoshka,

It's almost time to visit St. Petersburg. I booked a ballet performance at the Mikhalovsky Theatre. It's nog Swan Lake, but Giselle ou les Willis. I booked at the site of the Theatre itsels. Do you think I'm oke?

It's pretty confusing because some people tell you the Mariinsky theatre is better and some say the Mikhalovsky treatre is better.... Can't wait to go there!

Nijverdal, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swan lake ballet st. Petersburg.

By the way, we have places at the dress circle row two.... are they okay?