We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Epsom, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Hello

We are British, visiting St. Petersburg 10-13 April, and would like to book tickets for the Laurencia ballet on Friday 11. On the Mikhailovsky heatre website I was able to select seats and go to the checkout, but then it won't give me any payment options. I contacted the theatre and they tell me I can't buy from their website and have to go through an agent (balletandopera.com). This website is very expensive for the same tickets, and actually not even the same selection of seats are available as on the theatre's own website. Does anyone know a way to get round this? I really don't want to have to pay these elevated prices on the agent website as it seems so unfair.

Thanks in advance for any insight/help that anyone can offer me!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Hi RachBCN,

Mikhailovsky theater does have temporary problem with buying tickets online. I'm surprised they told you to buy via balletand... - this agency has huge markup and not the best reputation. You can try to buy at one of the few local agents: https://spb.kassir.ru , http://www.bileter.ru (click on little "rus" flag at the topleft and change lang to "eng"), www.maximilian.ru , www.biletsofit.ru , www.muzbilet.ru These agencies charge 10% and we, locals, also pay this percent when buying. Pay attention how to pick up the tickets - some do have e-tickets, some don't and you have to visit their offices (some have offices all over the city and some have only one-two). But I'm sure they all can deliver to your hotel.

Good luck!

Edited: 8:59 am, March 13, 2014
Epsom, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Thank you for your help. It seems that these web agents require payment in cash within 48 hours for tickets for this ballet at Mikhailovsky, which isn't possible as I don't arrive in Russia till 10 April. I think I will have to wait until the theatre booking function returns to normal, which they tell me will be end of March/early April....

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

RachBCN,

https://spb.kassir.ru accepts bank cards - the only problem, they changed their web-site design and now it's only available in Russian and even google-translate doesn't help much (it doesn't translate booking form). But if you're willing to try let me know and I'll write you a "cheat-sheet"

Also try this http://zritelspb.ru/?pg=ord&id=3000002589 - it supposed to take bank cards (though I've never used this agent myself)

May be you can ask your hotel to buy the tickets for you?

Coimbra, Portugal
Level Contributor
278 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Hi Svetakoshka

I am trying to buy tickets for the Shostakovich Philharmonic, on 16 th April, on Kassir.ru and yes, they accept credit cards.

My problem is that the event that I want to assist don `t has e-tickets available ( at least on this website) and I don `t unsderstand well where I have to collect the tickets...

Thanks in advance for your hepl

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

I was able to buy tickets for Giselle last week on website. The week before my husband was unable to. Guess it is a sometime thing.

plum

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Margarida, hola!

>>tickets for the Shostakovich Philharmonic, on 16 th April,

have you tried to buy directly from the Philharmonic web-site www.philharmonia.spb.ru/en/tickets/wheretobuy

Grand hall April 16th philharmonia.spb.ru/en/tickets/buy/21077/…

Small hall April 16 philharmonia.spb.ru/en/tickets/buy/25539/…

>>on Kassir.ru .... where I have to collect the tickets...

official web-site says: "you can pick up prepaid tickets either on the day of the performance or at any other day at MAIN OFFICE at Bolshoi Sampsonievsky prospekt, 7, metro station "Ploshchad' Lenina". Open 09:00 - 21:00 weekdays, 10:00 - 19:00 weekends. To pick up the prepaid tickets one needs to have some ID of the person who paid for the tickets. "

That main office is sort of out of the way from the city center so you might need some spare time to get there and back.

You also can ask for delivery to any address in St.Petersburg, it costs 300 rubles. I'm not sure though if they would deliver "the next day" or can wait for a couple of weeks to deliver when you get to St.Petersburg... I'll try to find out and let you know

Coimbra, Portugal
Level Contributor
278 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Hi Svetakoshka

Thanks for being so kind! :)

Yes, I have tried to book directly with the Philharmonic website but they have few tickets available at the stalls ( only the most expensive ). On Kassir.ru they have more options available.

The tickets on the Balcony are less expensive but I don `t know if they are really seats or if it is only standing tickets.

Regards

Margarida

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Margarida,

I guess we're talking about Grand hall, right? Box seats are almost on the same level as parter seats but have some viewing problems (wide columns). Standing tickets usually are much-much cheaper (and I doubt they sell it online but who knows things change) and you can buy at the Philh.ticket offcie. Anyway, from what I see on kassir.ru those are tickets with seats! Even if you don't like what you see from your seat you can get up and walk around the gallery (at least at those performances where I was it was possible) and return to your seat later on.

About the ticket delivery from kassir.ru (I called them) - after you pay for you ticket the actual ticket will remain at their main office till you pick it up (and yes, they confirmed it's the only place to pick it up). But if you want the ticket to be delivered to your hotel you should get in touch with kassir.ru - website or phone 8-800-555-07-70 - when you get to SPb and arrange the delivery (there's no need to arrange your April delivery now, they don't know their couriers' schedule for April yet). Just keep in mind they DO NOT deliver ON THE DAY OF THE PERFORMANCE! On the day of the performance you only can pick it up yourself. I'm not sure if they speak English so when you get to SPb you can ask at your hotel to call them and arrange delivery for you. Delivery within SPb city costs 300 rubles. It says you can pay cash or bank card to their courier.

Coimbra, Portugal
Level Contributor
278 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Привет! Svetakoshka :)

I had a look, again, on Philharmonic website and seems that the Gallery has seating places. There are few of them availables at the moment. I am thinking about places 22, 23 and 24 on the first row.

Do your think that those tickets will be very bad? The event that I want to attend will take place on the Grand Hall on 16 th April.

It will be easier to buy the tickets on their website , istead on Kassir.ru, because they will send me the

e-tickets.

I am a little concerned about the payment because I don `t know if they accept my cards. I was unable at all to buy train tickets on the official Russia Railways website ( tried credit cards from 3 different banks! )

еще раз спасибо за вашу помощь ( hope that the translation is well... :))

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Problem buying tickets for Mikhailovsky Theatre in April

Margarida, hola!

>>I am thinking about places 22, 23 and 24 on the first row.

I would take places 19, 20,21 (if you need 3 tickets). The seats you mentioned are closer to the column and it will partially block the view. Over here www.philharmonia.spb.ru/en/about/plan/big there's a picture of the Grand hall

>>I am a little concerned about the payment because I don `t know if they accept my cards.

unfortunately, we wouldn't know unless you try to pay. It should work, though! Let me know how it went, please! (sorry, you had problems with rzd web-site - so far I knew only about problems there paying with American cards, not European).

p.s. perfect translation! :)