We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

You will probably think of me as being lazy to ask this question but ,I am searching for the link to book a return trip from Helsinki to STP on the St.Peterline Ferry web-site but , every time-many, many times to be honest- I click on their "Book Online" logo ,all I get is "Error" in my browser. Thank you in advance for any input.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

Email them let them know what's going o n

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

If you don't get a response, you might try the Nordic Ferry Center website. I had same issue on St Peter Line website.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

Thank you very much Stockholm28 for that reply.Did you actually use them to book a ferry? I have looked at their web-site and although there's quite a lot of info re.fares,routes,etc.,etc., there's no way to book online with them .You either have to call them or e-mail.Plus ,the fact that they are an agency so , will charge more than normal for the ferry crossings. But , thank you anyways.Much appreciated.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

Stantheman56, if you can try to use different browser (I tried Firefox and Opera - both worked fine) If nothing works, email StPeterline directly - they're usually good at answering right away.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

Thank you Svetakoshka.Yes,I downloaded OPERA on my laptop and was able to access The St.Peterline online booking system.However,once I entered the dates I wished to travel on and the cabin type,I got a sign saying :"Guest does not have Visa.Not possible to stay in SPB" But ,I am entering dates below the 72-hour (free)visa. I think it is better if I e-mail them.Thank you again for your help.Much appreciated.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

Stantheman56,

did you try to book "cruise" or "ferry trip"? When I tried to book "cruise" I never got "no visa" message, but when I tried to book "ferry trip" for MORE than 72 hours I got that "no visa" message. When I entered the return date within 72 hours - I didn't get any "no visa" messages and was able to continue with the booking.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

Okay,thanks ....will try to do it that way.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

The "Cruise" option is only for 1 day.(It says 38 hour duration ) When I book the ferry option, I am putting dates within the 72-hour visa. For example: Dep. HEL on Thurs., 22nd., May and Ret. from SPB on Sun.,25th.May.Obviously the ferry from HEL arrives on Fri am.So from the Friday morning to the Sunday evening is well within the 72 hour time limit. Maybe they start the visa from when you depart Helsinki.I don't know. Sorry for bothering you with all of this .I have also sent St.Peterline an e-mail with all my dates and details.So, just waiting for a reply.

Pordenone, Italy
Level Contributor
151 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

There must have been some problems with their website, but they seemed to be solved now (actually today).

I recently booked a Helsinki-SPB return trip directly from their website and it worked well. A few days ago I wanted to read again the 72hrs visa-free manual and got "Error" every time I tried. I sent them an e-mail but they haven't replied yet (!). However, I tried today again and I was able to connect to all the pages I wanted to read.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking St Peterline Ferry online.

Thank you everybody for all your help.I eventually got a reply to my e-mail and am fully booked up.Looking forward to my trip in May. thanks again.Stay safe and Remember:Yesterday is history,tomorrow a mystery but ..........Today is a gift.,