We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Im planning (very much ahead) a trip to St Pete for summer 2014. Does anyone know the exact date of the Scarlet Sail Night 2014??

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

"Scarlet sails" is a celebration event for the high-school graduates. It's usually held on the 3d weekend in June, though it can vary depending on the schools' finals dates etc. so no one would know the dates until April 2014 or so.

The concert is not accessible for general public, it's for the graduates with invitations only.

Theoretically anyone can watch the ship and the fireworks (about 15-20 minutes around 1 am) but keep in mind that the embankments would be crowed with the graduates (most of whom would be drunk) and if you're not in the first row you wouldn't see much.

You'd be surprised but it's better to watch the whole thing that night on TV (there's live broadcast). This way you'll get all the close-ups, see the ship, the fireworks and live orchestra.

For "reviews" from those who tried to attend the event search TA - each year there are posts about it.

Belgrade
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

I will arrive in St. Petersburg 21.6.2014. at 21:55 at Baltiyskaja station. Upon my arrival, i will leave my lagguage in the lockers on the station. Can you tell me where is the best place for me and my kids who are 13 and 17 years old to watch the festival?

St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

I think the best place to watch the festival is the embankments of Niva somewhere in-between the Palace bridge and the Liteyny bridge or the Spit Of Basil Island. It will be very crowded and many young people will be drunk. Just be ready for it. I've seen this event 5 or 6 year ago with my daughter. We both were very impressed despite of the crowd and drunk kids. So, good luck!

Belgrade
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Thanks Masha.

Can you tell me how to get there the fastest.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Does anybody know the exact date the Scarlet Sails Festival is going to take place??

If it´s too soon, does anybody know when it will be announced to the public or where can I look for it?

Thanks a lot!

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Dear Jelena, the date looks still not fixed - as June 22 is an anniverary of the german invasion in 1941 - and the Scarlet Sails can be moved to June 24...

To get to the embankments from Baltiyskaya station you go by underground 1st line to Pushkinskaya (2 stops) where change for Zvenigorodskaya station, from which - 2 stops to Admiralteyskaya, the nearest to Palace bridge.

May be, you will still have a chance to reach the hotel before that?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Agree with Veresch, depending on where you hotel is you might have time before the show to check in. The ship starts to sail at about 1 am but to be able to see it from "the front row" you need to get there a bit earlier. Also, have you thought about how you would get to either your hotel or to the train station to pick up the luggage after the show? Some metro stations will probably open around 3 am (as it was previous years) ...

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Thanks, does anybody know if they finnaly moved the show to June 24? where can I check?

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Is it moved? What is te official date??

St. Petersburg...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Scarlet Sail Night 2014

Not yet finalized. With 90% chance it will be the night of 24-25