We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Pulkovo early

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
185 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Pulkovo early

I need to catch a flight out of Pulkovo (bound to Berlin) at 7:05 on a saturday.

What time do you think I should check out of the hotel? It's a pretty central location.

I think that's just too early for subway and buses.

Are there any shuttles that run at night? Am I only left with a taxi option?

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

Taxi only. You can be there at 5:30, so hopping into a taxi at 4:50 seems logical...

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

>>a flight out of Pulkovo (bound to Berlin) at 7:05 on a saturday.......check out of the hotel? It's a pretty central location.

that early on Sat morning you need not more than 30 minutes to get to the airport. And yes, taxi is the only way.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
185 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

ouch.

thanks!!

any idea on how much could a taxi cost?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

>>any idea on how much could a taxi cost?

should be around 1000 rubles ($30-35)

North Liberty, Iowa
Level Contributor
270 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

Thanks for asking and for the helpful responses, I'm in the same situation later this month.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
185 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

ah, my dreaded taxi drive arrives on september, maybe we can't catch the same cab for a few days =P

al kidding aside, i do have some time to make arrangements (3, 4 days, not the case in moscow, where i have to hire a transfer in advance) so i'll ask the guys at the hotel to let me know if anyone else has the same schedule.

just mentioning this in case you didn't think of it, it could save a few bucks.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
185 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

Hey, about this, in airberlin.com it says that check in counters close 45 minutes before departure. Is this possible? The girl at my hotel just told me that for international flights I have to be there two whole hours in advance.

(Even if I check in online I have to check the baggage, which is the same limit)

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

>>check in counters close 45 minutes before departure. Is this possible?

absolutely! it's normal and common practice to close check-in 40-45 minutes before departure.

>>for international flights I have to be there two whole hours in advance

and this is true, too! and I don't see how it may conflict with the info above...

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
185 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

The conflict is that on one hand, I'm being told that counters close 40 minutes earlier, so if I checked in online this morning, that means I'd only have to be in time to drop off my bag, so one hour earlier would be just fine.

On the other hand, I'm being told that counters close two hours earlier, so I'd have to be there two hours earlier even if it is just for baggage dropoff.

It is quite a difference.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Pulkovo early

>>I'm being told that counters close two hours earlier,

never heard of this. Well, I assume you're already gone so what time did they close the check-in?