We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hermitage online tickets

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hermitage online tickets

We are a family of 4 adults planning to be in SPB from 10th to 15th August (ie next month) and the Hermitage is high on our must see list. I was planning to purchase tickets online but from what I understand we would have to buy tickets for the Gold/Diamond room separately at the ticket counter (although this would be expedited as a result of buying the online ticket). Additionally it seems that the ticket to the Gold room includes price of admission to the main museum complex. Does it make sense to purchase one ticket online in order to skip the queue at the ticket counter and then purchase 4 gold room tickets when redeeming the online voucher or would that not be allowed?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hermitage online tickets

First of all, the Gold Room and the Diamond room are two separate exhibitions and this means two separate tickets to them. I would opt for the Diamond room, as it's more interesting (IMHO).

The other thing you should know is that neither Diamond nor Gold room tickets include the price of the entrance. You will need to purchase entrance tickets anyway.

My recommendation is to order the entrance tickets on-line and purchase Diamond room tickets separately at the ticket office.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hermitage online tickets

Thank you Anna. I knew that the rooms are two separate rooms but there seemed to be some posts that indicated that if one pays for a ticket for the Gold Room that includes price of admission to the main museum complex and I didn't want to pay twice over.

3. Re: Hermitage online tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 27, 2014