We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

My husband & I can only travel the first half of November to Russia. What will the weather be like? I bought a huge, long fur coat because I cannot tolerate cold weather. Will this be good enough, or is it overkill? What is important to wear for the cold weather so that we can enjoy sight seeing? I guess looking stylish is out of the question. Thanks for any suggestions.

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

I'd say overkill, but the weather is a little difficult to predict. Recent years it's been pretty mild with little or no snow then, but you never know what will happen this year.

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

Thanks. Should I take the coat? Will I look out of place?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

Bring it, where else can one wear a full length fur coat if not in Russia? Don't worry about what anyone says, just have a blast!

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

Expect a mix of rain and snow, 30s-40s during the day. A fur coat a bit of overkill for these temps if you ask me

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,320 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

> I cannot tolerate cold weather

Then don't come to Russia in November.

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

Thanks. I have always wanted a fur coat, and finally I will be able to don one. I live in Pheonix, so my ideolization will be ternimated there. But what I really want, is to be toasty is Russia, and enjoy the sights it has to offer. Finally wearing a fur coat is icing on the cake, (no pun intended:)

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

That is harsh, but I understand. I am an imbecile to subject myself to weather my body is defective in tolerating. But I want to see Russia immensely. I want to be as well equiped as possible for the cold as possible. That is the advice I am seeking. How can I prevent my fingers and toes from going cold and blue?

Edited: 1:13 am, July 05, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,320 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

> what I really want, is to be toasty is Russia

A fur coat won't make you toasty under a freezing slanting rain, I'm afraid.

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

30's-40's doesn't sound too bad. I was expecting snow, and Antartica weather. This is going to be very difficult to know how to dress. If you have any pictures of people around and about, that would be great.

thanks.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,320 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: November in Moscow & St. Petersberg

> But I want to see Russia immensely.

Then see it either in the summer or in the winter. If you can't do it this year, postpone it for later. November is really bad, damp and dark. Not a good time to sport a fur coat, really.