We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing Customs at Pulkovo Terminal 2

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Clearing Customs at Pulkovo Terminal 2

I have organised pre-booked airport/hotel transfer and would like to know on average how long it takes to clear customs at Pulkovo T2 (flights arriving @ 13h50) as I have to give my hotel an ETA for pick up.

Also, do I need to declare personal belongings i.e camera, laptop, phones etc.. or could I just shoot through the green chanel - nothing to declare?

Thanks,

Emma

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,957 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearing Customs at Pulkovo Terminal 2

Customs (green channel) takes zero time, it's clearing the immigration (visa/passport check) and waiting for your baggage that might take unpredictable time. Your hotel/transfer company should only know your flight number to figure out when to come for you; if they have no clue then pick another operator. No you don't need to declare your personal belongings.

Dereham, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearing Customs at Pulkovo Terminal 2

As Marassa said, it's immigration that takes the time - took me 2 hours as the world and his wife seemed to be arriving at the same time! I got held up a bit as I needed the toilet and was travelling on my own, instead of getting a place in the queue and asking someone to mind my luggage I headed straight there and the queue was ginormous when I emerged a couple of minutes later!! No need to declare personal belongings and I just gave the people meeting me my flight number and time of arrival for them to work out when to be there - they had a long wait!!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearing Customs at Pulkovo Terminal 2

On average it takes 40-45 minutes from the moment the flight lends and untill the time the customers come out to the arrivals.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearing Customs at Pulkovo Terminal 2

Thanks Marassa, Pauline and Anna; I have provided my hotel with our flight details so they should wait for us to come through.

5. Re: Clearing Customs at Pulkovo Terminal 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 24, 2014