We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two night stay in St Petersburg - October 2013

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tipperary
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Two night stay in St Petersburg - October 2013

Hi there,

Myself and my partner are hoping to travel from Dublin to Tallinn Estonia in October for four nights, we are hoping to stay one night in Tallinn and they travel by bus/train to St Petersburg and stay two nights and they return to Tallinn by bus/train and stay last night in Tallinn, we are hoping to take in some of the main sights and are looking for some information on buses/trains from Tallinn to St Petersburg and also some recommendations for good value centrally located hotels in St Petersburg? Would two days be long enough or should we stay 3 nights? Any information would be greatly appreciated including info on best way to obtain visas/tour guides etc. We have always wanted to visit St Petersburg and this would be the perfect opportunity.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two night stay in St Petersburg - October 2013

You can get train or bus tickets on-line, quite a number of agencies sell them, here's one of the links you might use: http://www.reisiekspert.ee

A month ago I went there for a short visit and we were travelling with a baby, so we chose to fly - Tallinn-Helsinki flight takes 20 minutes, and then another 45 minutes to St.Petersburg.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two night stay in St Petersburg - October 2013

Well, you need visas. You have to find out about that in your Russian Embassy. Hopefully, my colleagues will be more helpful here.

I'm not trying to offend, but staying 4 nights in Tallin and 2 or 3 nights in St. Petersburg makes no sence to me, as these places are uncomparable. The more you stay in St. Petersburg the better, as you can easily occupy yourself for 2 weeks with activities and museums.

For trains check www.rzd.ru

3. Re: Two night stay in St Petersburg - October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 23, 2014