We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

I will be in St. Petersburg for a couple of days in early June and I was wondering if it is possible to visit both Peterhof and St. Petersburg on the same day (one sight in the morning and the other in the afternoon)? I have been to St. Petersburg once before a few years ago and I am seeing these sights for the 2nd time. Hence, I am okay with only visiting both on a superficial level this time if that makes a difference in the time needed.

Also, I will be staying at the Soul Kitchen Jr. hostel which is in an area called Moika Embankment. Where is that location with respect to Peterhof and Hermitage? Are they both nearby to my hostel?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

As I mentioned earlier, my goal is to schedule this on a Wednesday so that Hermitage is open until 21:00. Hence, I am thinking of doing the hydrofoil excursion to Peterhof in the morning on Wednesday, June 5th and visit Hermitage that afternoon. Does anybody know whether there is anything special happening on June 5th that might disrupt the hydrofoil excursion to Peterhof?

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

The most common stoppage of service is minor waves or wind. It is not allowed to carry passengers if there is much wind or seas. Last year a not insignificant number of last second cancellations occurred, almost 20% during June 2012. So if you really need to follow a schedule, take a bus or one of morning group tours leaving from Nevsky Prospect and Dumskaya. The group tour includes a guide, transportation and tickets.

Getting there or back is not hard by bus or route taxi and it is cheap. If you are flexible and have time to work out alternative transportation, try the hydrofoil.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

You should not visit Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day, they are very big for that. I spend 3 hours in Hermitage and half of a day in Peterhof. The best way to have a good time is to join an excursion, for example mir-travel.com/en/services/shore-excursions/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

#22:

What is the schedule for the bus from Nevsky Prospect? Does it depart on the hour, etc. and how long is the journey time? Also, where are how can I join one of those group excursions? Do they run regularly as a St. Petersburg day tour and can my hostel book it for me?

#23:

I realize they are both big and that is why I am specifically planning this excursion on a Wednesday. As I understand it, Hermitage is open until 21:00 on Wednesday and so I think I should have time to do both if I do them on Wednesday.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

David:

I looked at those tours offered by MIR that you sent in your post. They are labeled as shore excursions. Does that mean only cruise passengers can take those tours or can anybody join? Also, do you know if the EUR 122 for the 1 day tour including Hermitage and Peterhof includes all admission prices?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

#25:

I was a cruise passenger, do not know if it is avalible for anybody.

And yes, 122 EUR includes all admission prices, if number of participants is 12.

27. Re: Peterhof and Hermitage on the same day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 15, 2014