We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in St Peterburg:

milan
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Year in St Peterburg:

Dear St Peterburg destination experts,

i gifted my parents a New Year Holiday in St Peterburg and I wonder if you can suggest a nice, charming, not so touristic, local restaurant to spend 31 dec evening in a russian athmosphere before running to the fireworks on the Neva. They will stay in a B&B named Casa Leto. I have no idea where it is located.

thank you so much for any suggestion YOu can give me

Laura form Italy

ps cold..I know..bu HOW cold?

St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in St Peterburg:

Hi, Zorilla,

Some of our local restaurants which are not touristic will be just closed on the New Year Night, others will have a special program which usually starts about 21.00-23.000 and lasts up to 4-5 am. One of them which I can suggest is “1001 night” http://www.1001night.org Good cuisine, nice and cozy interior, it’s in the very center, not too far from the Casa Leto hotel and it’s not expensive. Tickets for that night will be 7.000 rub and this cost includes food and alcohol. It looks like the program will be very interesting. But notice that this program will be in Russian and your parents probably will be the only foreigners among local people.

A good place with a good New Year program but more touristic will be restaurant Davidov in Astoria hotel http://davidovrestaurant.ru/contact.asp More expensive - 13.000 rub per ticket. Program will be in English and majority of the guests will be tourists but locals will come as well. Food of course will be excellent, music – good jazz. The restaurant is in walking distance from Casa Leto (which is buy the way an excellent hotel!).

Good luck!

Edited: 5:25 am, November 13, 2012
milan
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in St Peterburg:

Dear Masha,

thank you so much, your infos are very useful!!!!

All the best

Laura

St. Petersburg...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in St Peterburg:

Hi Laura

I also could suggest the Russian Ampir restaurant, that's situated in the building of Stroganovsky Palace …concord-catering.ru/en/… Russian and French cuisine, great interiors.

Or also you may try Stroganov Steak House www.restoclub.ru/go/… , but it's much more touristic

Both these restaurants are very near to Casa Leto hotel.

What about the weather, it could be VERY different. I can remember New Year when it was +3 and another NY when it was -20 degrees. The weather changes permanently, and noone can bring you an accurate answer. Our main weather forecast website Gismeteo.com pessimistically says that it'll be +2 and rains, but today, for example, it is -3 and snowing :-)

So, I'll advise to think over for several combinable variants of clothing. Don't forget that St.Pete is situated on the Baltic seashore, and because of this we usually have quite strong and cold wind.

P.S.: have you chose the excursions for your parents? Almost every museum has audioguides, but it's strongly recommended to book an excursion with professional guide, cos even Russian can't always understand that quickest speech. For example, great excursions into Hermitage and its Golden Stockroom are offered by Juicy Travel facebook.com/pages/…120560781434834 . Or you can buy excursions from the stands into touristic places.

4. Re: New Year in St Peterburg:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, December 16, 2013