We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

Fairfax Station...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

Thee are four of us cruising to St. Petersburg in July. We would like to hire a private tour operator for three days to explore the area. Does anyone have a good experience with one of the tour operators. we obviously want someone reliable.

Thanks.

John

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

We used Denrus Tours and were very pleased.

mn
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

We have just returned from a trip to Russia and had a fantastic guide and driver in St. Petersburg. Ekaterina Makarova and her email is makarovaekaterina@yandex.ru, - always on time or early, fun, very informative tours.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

May I ask how much it would cost for 3 days to have a guide and driver?

Mickey

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

If you review the many forums from the past on this subject, you will be aware of the many scams in this particular area. We were advised so many times, not to work with posters who have such few posting as guides. They are not legit.

You need to work with a reliable company, or purchase tourist visas and go yourself.

We used DenRus. Alla is another excellent tour company.

Munich, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

Hello,

I can highly recommend Anna (leshanya@inbox.ru). We spent 4 days in St.Petersburg. It's a very big city to discover on your own in such a short time - museums, churches, parks, shopping, restaurants... All this would have been next to impossible to organize on our own, not knowing the language. Anna, who was born in Saint-Petersburg, is a very friendly and knowledgeable young person, and always finds some interesting stories to tell. Her English is quite good. We were pleased with our choice - she packed a lot of beautiful sights into our tour and showed us places you don't find in your Lonely Planet guide. Thumbs up!

Nancy from South Carolina

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

We just got back from our St. Petersburg trip and had a fantastic time with Anna Lashchuk as our guide (email: leshanya@inbox.ru, web: www.anna-spbtours.com). She is more than just reliable, always making the trip very memorable with her knowledge of the sites. She really tailored our three days visit to our interests. An excellent tour guide is a must to enjoy this beautiful city. We highly recommend her.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,453 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

Let's place bets on how many one-time posters will recommend Anna in this thread within two weeks.

Edited: 1:10 pm, July 11, 2011
Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
9 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

I used Tatiana at Russian Adventure as a tour guide during my visit. They have been in business for many years and many references. Look up the web site, the rate was very reasonable when I was there.

Malta
Level Contributor
113 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

Has anyone every heard of Lentina Travel Company in St. Petersburg? They provide guided tours. Does anyone have any comments about this company? I would like some information before booking please.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St Petersburg, Russia Tour Guides

With ALL the research we did last year about our 3 days of touring, that name never came up. It seems the 3 most mentioned were Denrus, SPB and Alla.