We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some questions for Stanj

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Some questions for Stanj

Thanks for your previous helpful info.

Some more queries-- are you allowed to take photos inside the Hermitage?[ When in the Louvre, Paris, people were taking photos everywhere and we had been told it wasn't allowed!]

Also what are the rules for taking photos inside palaces etc.?

When you did the river cruise , do you remember what the optional excursions were, at the various stops, and their cost?

Thanks

Linet

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some questions for Stanj

Hello Linet

Photos are allowed everywhere except where specifically prohibited such as inside the metros and in certain temporary exhibits where the owners restrict it. Photos are allowed but cameras are not;>) Actually, they are not allowed unless you pay a camera fee or a video fee. Peter and Paul Fortress is the only major venue that has no camera fees. The camera gets a ticket just like yours. Each museum sets there own price and they usually reasonable.

The metro used to be considered a security area and photos were not allowed since they opening in the mid '50s but that has been relaxed even though they are more of a security issue, at least in Moscow, than before due to several having been attacked by terrorists. There are photo books of the metro stations however.

I have taken the river cruises but being familar with the areas, I did not use excursions, just headed off and enjoyed the areas. I almost jumped ship and stayed in Kizhi, a favorite of mine.