We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

Hi Folks,

My first time to St Petersburg this coming August with a cruise and I'm in charge of buying ballet tickets at the Mariinsky (Swan Lake) for 17 people. The Mariinsky website states that tickets can be bought online only thru Kassir.ru. Is this a safe and reputable website to buy from? Will the Mariinsky themselves eventually start to sell tickets for that same show from their own website? My tour company (SPB) is warning me not to buy tickets from a third party if possible (they aren't offering to buy the tickets for me yet).

Seems like it's only the block of shows in August produced by the Leonid Yacobson ballet theatre that is sold thru Kassir.ru

I've managed to google translate the purchase process and read thru all the threads about seat choices, so hopefully my Canadian visa card payment will go thru without problems. But I just wanted to make sure they are legit before buying.

thx

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
SPB Tours
SPB Tours
4,427 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
7 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

Yes, kassir.ru is a known honest ticket agent. Buy and enjoy!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

+1

kassir.ru as well as bileter.ru are legitimate theater/concert tickets agencies. We locals also mostly by from them. They do charge 10% commission off each ticket but it is normal.

Mariinsky is not likely to sell these tickets - it's not its own performances.

As Vasily said - buy and enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

thx for the replies guys, so helpful.

One more quick question, as I have 4 kids between ages 10-14 going. Since they are shorter, is it better to choose seats in the first row of the balcony "dress circle" level for them to have better views of the stage, versus a floor level seat somewhere from rows 4 - 18? (usually they have adult heads in the way blocking their view when we have floor seats to any live shows). I'm assuming the balcony rails are not too tall to block the shorter kids view of the stage.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
137 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

We just went to Swan Lake at the Mariinsky last week and had first row seats in the first circle, center. I was actually surprised how low the rails were, compared to in the U.S., and it seemed the same for each level. I've tried to attach a photo without success- will try from my home computer tonight. But I don't think your kids would have any trouble seeing over. The show was exquisite!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

>>is it better to choose seats in the first row of the balcony "dress circle" level for them to have better views of the stage, versus a floor level seat somewhere from rows 4 - 18?

Even though the floor rises a bit it may not be enough for the children especially if you have a tall person (or a few) in front of you. So I'd say first row of any other level is better. And yes, the rails are not that hight at all.

@myfamilystravelagent

>>I've tried to attach a photo without success-

unfortunately (or fortunately in some cases :)) there's no way to attache the pictures in the messages. Only on a review page.

The Ardennes...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

Dear Vasily .. How can I avoid the Russian language at the kassir.ru .. because I can not find the English version

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?

>>How can I avoid the Russian language at the kassir.ru .. because I can not find the English version

unfortunately, the web-site doesn't have Eng version. Try using google-translate

Reply to: Mariinsky ballet tickets on Kassir.ru, safe to buy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted