We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

Which Vladivostok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

My partner and i are looking to do this trip and looking for advice on all or any stage of the trip.Alo i hear there is a new train in China, not sure from or to where i believe Peking [Beijing]

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
602 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

We did the opposite trip but from Vladivostok to St Petersburg. We didn't go into China.

The whole trip is written up on our web site if it interests you:

railway-train-travel.com.au/railway-trip-tra…

We thoroughly recommend the journey. We had a ball.

Jean

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

Much appreciated thanks Jim

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

Hi Jean made for a great read. I did the railway 3rd class - it was far from romantic. In fact it was a nightmare but I am not sorry I did it.

have a great next trip whereever it takes you

angie

www.angietravels.com

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
602 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

Please do tell us what happened on your trip. What made it such a nightmare? I'm curious now.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

Hi Jean just about everything about it was awful. Being stuck with 53 people who didnt speak english didnt help, although they tried very hard to be nice to me. I was stuck in a top bunk which was dreadful and a big mistake. The scenery was basically boring, there were no shower facilities and the worse part was that for 7 days I could open a window. I got to Vladivostok, spent a few hours there, then took a 9 hour flight to Moscow followed by another flight of 3 1/2 hour flight home. When we arrived they had to wake me up - thats how exhausted I was. The following day being shut up with scores of people and all their germs caught up with me and I was under the weather for 3 weeks. In honesty i dont regret it. The vastness of Russia is simply amazing. You can see all the gory details here

www.angietravels.com

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
602 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

I originally wanted to do at least part of the trip in Plaskartny (I'm sure I've spelled it incorrectly) but my husband wouldn't have a bar of it and in hindsight I'm glad we didn't do it that way.

I'm going to enjoy reading your blog. Thanks.....Jean

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

Hi Jean likewise. Have a great next trip wherever it finds you

8. Re: Moscow to Vladivostok and Peking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 08, 2013