We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Visa question.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Another Visa question.

Hi guys,

I was planning on visiting Moscow in April, and I'm trying to figure out how to get the visa. I have a few questions:

1) I'm going to request a Letter of Invitation through visa.ilcentre.ru. Do I need to book a hotel before I order this?

2) I live in Chicago, and I'm wondering, when I get my Letter of Invitation and I put together all the necessary documents, Can I mail them to the Visa Processing Center? Or is this no longer allowed through mail?

Thank you for all the help!

Nick

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Atlanta
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Visa question.

You can mail to

ils-usa.com/index.php?id=index&lang=en#logo

It's an official Russian Visa Processing Center. It will cost you $160 for visa fee and another $103 for processing fee.I don't know how much you will have to pay for Letter of Invitation, but right now you are at $263.00+ $30.00 letter of invitation+ 293.00

Me and my wife used Go to Russian.com for $560.00 ( 2 person) + $20.00 overnight return shipping. They issued the Letter of Invitation and went through our applications. We got our visa back in less than 3 weeks from door to door. I talked to a nice lady name Anna ( in Atlanta office).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Visa question.

Thanks!!

Do basically I need to mail my Letter of Invitation, Passport, passport photos to these guys? That is after I fill out the visa application online?

Correct?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Visa question.

Yes, we'd mail them our applications, passports and photos. No letter of invitation, because they will issue the LOI for you. They will finish the rest.Oh, they will need your password when you fill up the visa app, in case they need to correct something.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Visa question.

Sorry, I misspelled the website. It's suppose to be gotorussia.com.

http://www.gotorussia.com/index.htm

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Visa question.

Thank you very much.

Do I have to book a hotel before I fill out the Visa Application online?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
12,114 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Visa question.

Your LOI IS your hotel booking confirmation for the consulate. Nobody cares if it's a real hotel booking or a fake for the sake of obtaining a visa.

7. Re: Another Visa question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 28, 2016