We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel with visa support letter

Cameron Highlands
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hostel with visa support letter

Hi,

I'd like to ask for some recommendations for Moscow Hostels that provide visa support letter?

Many thanks!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

I am very sure most hostels simply use a third party, and as such, there would be a charge. I might suggest you consider using one of many travel agencies that provide overall visa services for Russia to provide generic blanket visa invite docs. For one thing, if you pick a larger, more reputable one (and I would say even one listed on your friendly, local Russian consulate web site - many seem to have a "preferred" list, even better), odds are they will have a very real, good relationship with folks in Moscow who can help you in case you need help.

Moscow
Level Contributor
843 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

Suggest you try Godzillas Hostel in Moscow. Very reputable and they offer a visa invitation service too: http://godzillashostel.com. The hostel is British-owned and managed, if that's of interest.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

Re Godzilla's, as I stated, from what I can see they likely use a third party as they charge both for issuance of docs, as well as registration if needed. Not a huge deal, but you may prefer to get this from an independent source, especially if you are choosing to also use the services of some of the visa agencies who help, for a fee, with getting your bias request submitted,

Sale
Level Contributor
80 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

Ebertsj's advice is, as usual, extremely useful but just to say, as Riko09 has mentioned Godzilla's, I am staying at Godzilla's, in September and I used them for my visa invitation. They do use a 3rd party, and the price was $29.95, which isn't the most expensive but there are cheaper options. I'm not sure but I think Godzilla's does also charge a further $20, to register your visa but as I am only in Moscow for 4 days, I do not need this.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

Yes, thank you...I did not mean to "slam" them as I think most folks here have had positive things to say! And, yes, they do charge the extra $20 (from what I saw) to register). The visa doc charge is a wee bit high I think, but the registration, for them not being a hotel, seems in line with other agencies that offer visa support. Presumably since one is saving a BOATLOAD of money staying there, one will not mind having to pay a few bucks more here compared to a "regular" hotel.

Come to think of it, in being fair, I think I have heard where in facts hotels of hostels use a third party, one can ask them to provide "extended dates" to cover one's whol trip. This is not usually the case with a "mainstream" hotel...they really, from what I have seen, are sticklers for only doing your term of visit...for obvious reasons...mostly having to do with larger presence and reputation.

Edited: 11:19 am, August 09, 2014
Redmond, WA
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

We are staying at Hotel Katerina in Moscow the end of August and they provided our visa support letter at no charge!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,218 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

> We are staying at Hotel..

"Let them eat cake"© :)

There's a tiny but perceptible difference between a hotel and a hostel.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

Staying at hotel, as Marassa states, thus my point about the difference between a very cheap hostel and a less cheap hotel...

9. Re: Hostel with visa support letter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 12, 2015