We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Спасибо! Thanks!

Coimbra, Portugal
Level Contributor
278 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Спасибо! Thanks!

We have just returned from a wonderful trip to St Petersburg and Moscow . We had a fantastic time there and realy loved both cities.

I would like to thank you to the Trip advisor experts for Moscow and St Petersbourg forums, in special to Ebertsj and Svetakoshka for all their helpful advices.

I have bought tickets online for the Hermitage , The Armoury in Moscow, for the train trip from St Petersbourg to Moscow , for a concert in the beautiful Grand Hall of the St Petersbourg Philharmonie and for the Aeroexpress train to Domodedovo airport and all worked well... :-)

We were able to use easily the Metro system in both cities and never get lost... :-)

We only have good memories from our trip to Russia and hope to have a chance to visit ,again, this great country one day...

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Спасибо! Thanks!

Glad that you had a good time and that everything went well!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Спасибо! Thanks!

We are truly very happy you had a great time...looking forward to your next trip!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
480 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Спасибо! Thanks!

Always good to hear positive stories about Russia!

Basque Country
Level Contributor
98 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Спасибо! Thanks!

I feel very rude for not having started a thread myself earlier, so please let me use this one to express my gratitude to all the experts here who contributed to make my very brief to Russia a truly enjoyable experience. So a big THANK YOU/ Спасибо from me as well.

Pretty much like the OP, thanks to the info posted here I managed to purchase the following in advance:

-Visa (stupid joke, I know).

-Mariinsky tickets ("Giselle", lovely).

-SAPSAN (fantastic!).

-Kremlin (not without a minor fright).

Thank you and keep up the good work. I, too, hope to visit the country again soon since I missed way too many things.

Coimbra, Portugal
Level Contributor
278 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Спасибо! Thanks!

Hi Liilak

Great to hear that you also had a great time in Russia!

I remember about your " minor" problem with the Kremlin vouchers... :-)

As you said, I also feel that I have missed lots of things... we really must return! :-)

Basque Country
Level Contributor
98 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Спасибо! Thanks!

We must indeed. By the way, I got the chance to practice my rusty Portuguese with a group of Brazilian tourists.

Coimbra, Portugal
Level Contributor
278 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Спасибо! Thanks!

Really? :-)

I am sure that your Portuguese is much better than my Spanish... :-)

We didn `t see any Portuguese speakers during our stay...

Probably we were in Russia at the same time !

Hope to meet you again, here on Tripadvisor, planning any other fantastic trip... :-)

8. Re: Спасибо! Thanks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 27, 2015