We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Moscow

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
First Time to Moscow

We have the following itinerary in August:

Aug 21 - ( PHL-FRA-ARN-SVO)

Aug 29 - ( DME-MUC-IAD-TPA )

We will be staying at the Park Hyatt the first 3 nights and with a friend the last 4 nights. Not sure of the name of the hotel but it is very close to SVO airport. Can you provide any insight on the following:

1. At the end of our stay can you recommend a mode of transportation from in essence SVO to MDE? My wife, 4 bags and a slight back-order disability make some type of private transportation necessary.

3. Any other suggestions, recommendations etc. would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you,

LingoTaxi
Taxis & Shuttles
WelcomeTaxi
Taxis & Shuttles
Angel Taxi - Day Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Aeroexpress
Taxis & Shuttles, Railways
Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Moscow

1, Airport transfers can be arranged in advance......try Go-to-ru

2, Why would you stay near SVO?I can't think of a good reason. Also SVO is north of Moscow while DME is to the south. I don't understand why you would go to Stockholm from Frankfurt, when you could go straight to Moscow.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Moscow

Thank you for Go-to-ru.

We are staying complimentary with a group the last 4 nights and I was told it was near SVO. As for the flight itinerary it was a first class saver reward ticket (only 50,000 miles) so we go the way they bring us.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Moscow

> We are staying complimentary with a group the last 4 nights and I was told it was near SVO.

But what do you plan on doing in these 4 days? Watch planes land and take off or commute to Moscow and back every day for some real sightseeing? If the latter, then the time and money you'll spend on that travel might well negate the benefits of a free hotel out in the boondocks.

> As for the flight itinerary it was a first class saver reward ticket (only 50,000 miles) so we go the way they bring us

I have always thought that first class was all about comfort. Now I guess I'll have to stand corrected)

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Moscow

I appreciate your comments and suggestions and criticism, but you have not even attempted to answer my question.

1. At the end of our stay can you recommend a mode of transportation from in essence SVO to MDE? My wife, 4 bags and a slight back-order disability make some type of private transportation necessary.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to Moscow

> you have not even attempted to answer my question

I have nothing to add to what graig t said.

You asked for suggestions and recommendations - sometimes the best recommendation is to take a step back and reconsider decisions made earlier.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,186 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Moscow

I'm not in the Russian group but

Having recently been in Russia, You are flying out of DME and staying at SVO. it is like going from fort myers to Orlando with russian traffic as an added adventure, I have to ask would you do the drive to orlando to do this? Hoestly we departed from SVO, think Lubbock..

I would be contacting the hotel or Go to RU as suggested

I have to be honest but if you are counting $$ Moscow is not the place to stay (esp not the Hyatt)

if you are going to eat in the Hyatt pre book the terrace for Kremlin view table

Tsum has some great deli options on the ground floor if you want easy in room dining . It is easy and relatively safe to walk around the area

Edited: 5:49 am, July 29, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time to Moscow

> I'm not in the Russian group

How come you are not? Anyone who's been here and can be of help is! ;)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,186 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Time to Moscow

Oh thank you Marassa

many forums consider those who are not local or frequent visitors to be of little value and DE's are often even more "threatening" to the local ego ;)

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Time to Moscow

Dear GurusW,

Thank you the feedback and although you are not in the "group" have been very helpful with your positive suggestions. BTW we just returned from a 10 day stay at the Park Hyatt in Sydney and loved every minute of your Paradise and have booked a return to Melbourne already. We travel abroad to China, Indonesia and Thailand quite often and our itinerary for Moscow is a last minute trip because we are being hosted and something we have little control of but sure we will enjoy it.

We realize our itinerary is not ideal and just looking for any suggestions that can help.

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Time to Moscow

Ok, since I got the green light from Marassa to speak, here is a taxi company to consider:

1.Formula Taxi: They apparently speak English and their number is (8-495) 777-5-777. The hotel reception will definitely be able to supply some other taxi as well.

I saw that 8/25 is a Thursday. As said above, depending on time of day, traffic could be bad. Give yourselves plenty of time.

2. (what happened to number 2?)

3. What are your interests? Can't give insights if we don't know anything about you. Data! I need data! can't build bricks without clay. :)